Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
This thread is locked.
Promote
Re: ~ ~Update~ ~ Computer Challenges, but I'm still alive! * * * Alive, but tired! ;-)
2/26/2006 10:18:51 AM
Hello, I hope you get your computer back up soon. When I was reading your post I felt so bad and I wished that I could help you but we aren't in the same area. Your experiencing what many people do with their computers. I've been a Systems Analyst since around 1995. I see these computer problems all the time. In many cases with the viruses and spyware you can have a new computer and still experience these same problems. When you get your computer situated take some time to visit my website (www.PCcloset.com). Visit with the intent to read about my service only. If it seems like something that makes sense then look more into it. Ask me a few questions and share it with your friends. If you would like to speak to one of my current customers I probably could arrange that as well. The service I provide was created just for the situation that is happening to you. It backs up all of your documents on your computer over the internet.
+0
Nick Grimshawe

792 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: ~ ~Update~ ~ Computer Challenges, but I'm still alive! * * * Alive, but tired! ;-)
2/26/2006 10:53:34 AM
I've read through your paticular woes, and hope that everything is up an running well for you now. I had a little scare early this week when my computer froze up and slowed right down to a crawl. But I have a get computer store about ten minutes away and a really qualify tech guy who had me up and running by the ten day. Keep me posted in what you are doing. I'm fairly new to all of this computer marketing thing. The Storm Pays situation sounds alarming to me. What sort of income streams do you have going on? So just to make your world sound better, I'm now off to work at a brick store front. Best Nick
Nick Grimshawe Subscribe for Free at http://beautifulsummermorning.com/subscribe-today
+0
Daniel Snyder

11 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
2/26/2006 11:14:29 AM
I woul dsay hope you are well and prosperous but you seem in this midst of a change to your normal daily routine. A similar situation happened to me a few months ago. I was surfing for dollars with one of those surfing sites per their instructions when my computer started getting all these popups and I received a message that my computer was receiving spyware. As i attempted to shutdown my computer locked and I began to get a lot of different kind of crap on my screan so I tried to shut it off nothing happened. So I unplugged it. When I plugged it back in it would not boot. I called DELL and they told me it was not a physical problem but a software problem and it would cost $99.00 to look into the problem.They are doing that now.I guess it take a while. They will probably tell me the same thing.to get a new computer. Thank god my wife was not using her laptop. OR I would not even be able to check my e-mail. May I make a suggestion ask your computer company if they supply a backup capability and spend the extra money for a backup system. At least find out if there is a way to backup your daily work to a cd or floppy disk. It is always better to be safe thn sorry. Thank you for your time ps: Life creates thes trials so we can see what we are acpable of handling.These tests of our patience create our personality. To you I say well done and hang in there.
Daniel W Snyder
+0
Scott Reynolds

493 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
2/26/2006 11:16:14 AM
Hi Felicia, I know what you are going through. Just had the same thing happen to me. I limped along for a couple weeks trying to fix things, they just kept getting worse. Finaly took it to the shop, they said they had to wipe the hard drive and reload windows to fix it, while removing info off the hard drive they found it was bad. Ended up cheaper to buy a new lap top. I've had it now for a couple of weeks and still am trying to catch up. Good luck and get some rest.
+0
2/26/2006 12:37:04 PM
Hi Felicia I too have had my share of malware attacks and viruses but I have never completely lost controll of my computer. Partly due to updates I get from Panda CA E Trust. They are very quick to sot malicious code and develope a patch to prevent major damage to your computer. Here is my most recent update from Panda. I hope this helps you avoid these problems in the future. They have worked very well for me. "Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine." Sir Arthur Eddington (1882-1944), British astronomer - Panda Software Weekly Report on viruses and intruders - Oxygen3 24h-365d, by Panda Software (http://www.pandasoftware.com) MADRID, February 26, 2006 - This week's report focuses on four malicious codes. The first of these, following in the wake of the code that we reported last week for Mac OS/X, is Inqtana.A. We're also looking at the bot SpyBot.AAV and the Trojan Torpig.AE, both of which are designed for stealing confidential information, as is Briz.A, which has led to the uncovering of a complex network for creating data-stealing Trojans. Inqtana.A is a worm that only affects computers with the operating system Mac OS X 10.4 installed, although it has no destructive effects, it only spreads itself (via Bluetooth) in order to affect as many computers as possible. If the affected user accepts it or the system is configured to accept requests without the user's approval, Inqtana.A copies its files in the default file exchange directory. If the computer also has the CAN-2005-1333 vulnerability, Inqtana.A copies its files in a special folder of the operating system. In this way, the worm ensures that it is run whenever the computer is started. SpyBot.AAV and Torpig.AE collect a range of information from computers, such as the IP address, free memory space, operating system, RAM, microprocessor speed, etc. They then send this information to their creators. However, the most notable code this week is Trj/Briz.A, not so much for the code itself but for the network of crimeware that has been discovered thanks to this Trojan. The code collects information about passwords and activity on the computer that it has infected. The designers of Briz.A are part of the new business model arising among the creators of malware. Instead of creating code purely for fun they are now doing so for financial gain, both through selling the code (a customized version of Briz.A is on offer for $990) or by fraudulently using the data obtained. For further information about these and other computer threats, visit Panda Software's Encyclopedia. ------------------------------------------------------------ To unsubscribe from Oxygen3 24h-365d, please visit: http://www.pandasoftware.com/unsubscribe.asp To contact with Panda Software, please visit: http://www.pandasoftware.com/about/contact/ ---------------------------------------------May a smile follow you to sleep each night,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and be there waiting,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, when you awaken. Sincerly, Bill Vanderbilt
May a smile follow you to sleep each night and,,,,,be there waiting,,,,,when you awaken http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/8212/ShowForum.aspx Sincerely, Billdaddy
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!