Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
RE: All That Jaz ~ FollowLike Increases Connections
2/14/2017 3:27:44 PM
FollowLike impressed me so well I created an html page that has been visited
by 87 different countries

Flag Counter

as if this post

Visitors

Yesterday: 220

30 day average: 31

Record: 308 on February 11, 2017

All visitors can view my site stats by clicking any flag on the visitor's map at:

Recommend You Create Your
Free Weebly Networking page
I will help You

+0
RE: All That Jaz ~ A DREAM #JazLive
2/14/2017 7:33:19 PM
Just for the fun of it ... looked up #jazlive at bing.com and the following is
Number 1 hit

+0
RE: All That Jaz ~ A reason Your Web Site got #BANNED!
3/26/2017 7:34:02 PM
I am glad some #Traffic_Exchanges has improved, in the latter 8 years for many were and are a waste of time; however, Newbies Do Not Know

*Some Traffic Exchange Admins meddle too much with members and their sites have too many pop ups & overs; re-direct links, ...

If your site was banned from any of the IMPROVED Traffic Exchanges

... here is a possible reason

"DONT: Add your referral url to a Referral Exchange. Doing this you risk a ban, as most referrals that come from these systems are only coming to gain money from the referral system you used. They come and perform just enough actions that flags them as active. This breaches our TOS on fraud referrals and you could loose all your earnings."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All Traffic Exchanges are not guilty, mostly auto-surf sites

Traffic Exchanges that verify "No Robots" and require members to view web sites
are safe
+0
RE: All That Jaz ~ #Web_Cookie #Dying technology
3/26/2017 7:58:19 PM
The Web Cookie Is Dying. Here's The Creepier Technology That Comes Next

Fingerprint

"It may raise hackless to think that U.S. intellegence officials might
be monitoring your telephone and Internet communications, but
for most of us it's only the marketers who are really interested in
our everyday online activities. And with many billions of dollars
at stake, companies are increasingly turning more
sophisticated techniques to identify potential clients and deliver
relevant advertising."

+0
RE: All That Jaz ~ #Spam_Bots
3/26/2017 8:04:16 PM
How to Stop Spam Bots from Ruining Your Analytics Referral Data

jaredgardner
By: Jared Gardner

How to Stop Spam Bots from Ruining Your Analytics Referral Data

A few months back, my agency started seeing a referral traffic spike in our Google Analytics account. At first, I got excited. Someone is linking to us and people are clicking. Hooray!

Wrong! How very, very wrong. As I dug deeper, I saw that most of this referral traffic was sent from spammers, and mostly from one spammer named Vitaly Popov (or, as I like to call him, “the most recent pain in my ass”).

The domains he owns have been giving our company’s site and most of our clients’ sites a few hundred sessions per month, enough to throw off the analytics data in many cases.

His sites aren’t the only ones I’ll cover in this how-to, but his spam network has been the biggest nuisance lately. If you’re getting spam referrers in your analytics, you should be able to follow the same steps to stop these data-skewing nimcompoops from spoiling your data, too.

Why do I need to worry about blocking and filtering these sites?

There are two main reasons I’m motivated to block these on all sites that I work with. First: corrupt analytics data. A few hundred hits a month on a site like Moz.com isn’t going to move the needle when compared to the sheer volume of sessions they have daily. However, on a small site for a local plumber, 30 sessions per day is likely going to be 70% spam referral traffic, suffocating the remaining legitimate traffic and making marketing analysis a frustrating endeavor.

Second: server load and security. I didn’t ask them to crawl or visit my site. Their visits are using my server resources for something that I don’t want or need. An overloaded server means slower load times, which translate to higher bounce rates and lower rankings. On top of that, who knows what else they’re doing on my site while they’re there. They could easily be looking for WordPress, plugin and server vulnerabilities.

Popular referral spam domains

Using WHOIS.net, I found that Mr. Popov’s spam network includes these domains:

• darodar.com (and various subdomains)
  • econom.co
  • ilovevitaly.co (and other TLD variations)

Other spammers plaguing the web include:

• semalt.com (and various subdomains)
  • buttons-for-website.com
  • see-your-website-here.com

Many other sites have come and gone. These are just the sites that have been active lately.

Why are they hitting my site?

Why are people going through so much effort to crawl the web without blocking themselves from analytics? Spam! So much spam, it still blows me away. I looked into a few of the sites listed above. Three of the most prolific ones are doing it for very different reasons.

See-your-website-here.com

Screen-Shot-2015-01-21-at-2.30.22-PM.png

This site takes the cake for being the most frustrating. This site is using referrer spam as a form of lead generation. What is their product you ask? Web spam. You can pay see-your-website-here.com to perform web spam for your company as a form of lead generation. The owner of this domain was kind enough to make his WHOIS information public. His name is Ben Sykes and he’s from ...

Read more

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!