Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Marsha Mckinney

101 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: New Warning About An Old Scam
1/29/2006 9:59:06 PM
Hello Cheri! Once again, thank you for valuable info! We gave up credit cards over 4 years ago now. Saw where the scams were going, and people getting smarter all the time in how to scam people, so have gotten rid of ALOT of things that others can tamper with, as best we can! It is truely unfortunate that people can use their brains for intricate scamming, but not for honest work! People constantly surprise me with what all they come up with to steal and hurt! Lord, please watch over us, and protect us from the enemy and his army!! Blessings to you and yours Cheri! Be careful! Marsha Mckinney, FGG Dream Team-Texas http://mlm54.fggweb.com
Greetings from your Texas friend! God's blessings to each of you, always,
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
1/29/2006 10:31:23 PM
Marsha, I have to agree with you that it's unfortunate people with this kind of brain power can't put it to better use for the good of mankind. I refuse, however, to give up the convenience I find in modern technology including credit cards (now that I know how to handle them) just because some idiot out there has designs on my money. That would be like refusing to leave my house because there are murderers in the world. I won't let fear rule my life. I just take normal precautions and mostly things turn out just fine. It's good to see you here, my friend. Thank you for posting. Cheri
+0
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/29/2006 10:55:01 PM
Hi Cheri, I saw your link to this forum in a postscript from another forum you wrote to and kinda Gate Crashed in here. Thank you for supplying this information it is truly handy to be more aware of more devious methods scammers are using as it surely pays to keep updated. James and I do not use credit cards and have had people call us with a ruse that we have won something and at the end of their spiel it turns out that they need our credit card number to pay for the postage or one time fee to receive the winnings. When we say that we do not have credit cards one caller was adamant that we did because he had our credit history report - it turned out he was mistaking my Walmart Card as a credit card! Thank you again for sharing, I appreciate the information. Kind regards Amanda Martin-Shaver
+0
1/29/2006 11:19:08 PM
They do this for the debit cards, too! I told the woman who called me that since she had all the information she needed, I did not need to give her any more. I guess when she asked for my card, I got suspicious. I told her I would call my bank as soon as I could retrieve my card and hung up. My credit union also informed me this was a scam and there is no way of the perpetrators to know if my Visa was only a debit card or a credit card. Not giving any one any information over the phone or internet unless you initiate the transaction is a good policy to follow. Sad for me to say, Arizona is the Scam Capital of North America, but the Governor and the State's Attorney take a very dim view on these people and root them out and impose stiff penalties almost as quickly as they set up. Kate
Kate McCrea Black Cat Originals Will Bring Your Fashion Vision To Life! http://www.blackcatoriginals.com
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
1/29/2006 11:47:05 PM
Hi, Amanda You are welcome here any time. In fact, I shall send you a friends invitation, and then you'll be invited when I post new threads. The threads aren't all about credit cards, although I do have a love-hate relationship with them, lol. My regular readers know that I use them for convenience but always pay them off monthly, so I get the convenience without paying the price. Cheri
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!