Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: GENIUS RECLAIMED: WILLIAM-ADOLPHE BOUGUEREAU
3/12/2015 1:46:10 AM
You are right Miguel, they are beautiful.
Since he is using his favorite models he seems to have gotten to know them so well that he captures their thoughts.
You wonder what they are thinking about, and they are so "normal". Nothing fancy or pretentious, just girls being girls., and they seen to not mind so much attention so there does not appear to be any shyness in their expressions.
+3
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/13/2015 12:05:05 AM

Thank you for your wonderful comments, Joyce. Yes, Bouguereau was a genius who not only painted extraordinarily well but also captured his portrayed girl's thoughts seemingly without much effort, which places him among the finest portraitists to have ever existed. You have made such an important point there.

There is something I would like to mention regarding him. It seems probable to me that as death approached he may have wanted to show he also could paint wonderful, meaningful landscapes. Here is proof of it.

William Bouguereau - Landscape
(both date and medium unknown)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+4
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/13/2015 12:57:27 AM
This is very lovely. It almost looks like a different artists' work-a totally different perspective. Simple and detailed.
+4
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/15/2015 7:57:53 PM
Miguel,
I have enjoyed these works so very much.

The understanding of the human form and the compositional skill that the artist displays is breathtaking.
The landscape here is actually quite simple in its subject but there is a genius in its 3D depth.
The masts in front of the misty distance are genius, It is much more difficult than it appears. You will know this from your painting experience.

Thank you so much for sharing here.

+4
Mohamed Hassan

3847 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
3/15/2015 8:03:01 PM
Luis, you're focusing on one of the very rare arts!
+4

facebook
Like us on Facebook!