Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Welcome To The Feature Of The Week aka Person Of The Week! (27th Edition)
1/21/2006 9:04:18 PM
*************************************************************** *************************************************************** Greetings To Everyone At AdlandPro From John Sanchez and LaNell! It’s time again for my favorite project of the week and that is the Feature of The Week! It is my favorite project because you folks and the POTW’s of the week make it a very special event. We are all so fortunate to be a part of this community that is made up of so many friendly and talented people. Thank you so much for your support and for making this event so special. Love and Blessings to you all! John R. Sanchez The reason the Feature of the Week forum was created was to honor people who have a positive influence on this community. To qualify the person has to be an active member and one who contributes to the positive atmosphere here AdlandPro. Here are the criteria for selecting a member for the Feature of the Week (also referred to as the Person of the Week, POTW). This criterion can be seen at the site below: Criterion How Do I Get Selected as Person of the Week? To be chosen as Person of the week you: • Are highly visible on the community • Are always seen as respectful, professional, and helpful. • Must be nominated for the program by another member of the Community and voted on by other members. ****************************************************************** This week we’re honored to have a true gentleman as our POTW his name is Dave Cottrell. Dave is a very polite and courteous individual who lives and walks by his Faith. His prayer forum is just one of the ways how he has blessed this community. Dave is genuinely concerned about other member’s welfare and it shows in his day-to-day activities. Thank you Dave for your positive influence on our community, you truly deserve to be this week’s POTW. Congratulations! ****************************************************************** Here is Dave’s Bio: Thank you so much, my big Adlandpro family, for giving me this honour. (That's Canadian for honor. LOL!!) I really appreciate all of you and want you all to know that it is YOU who have blessed ME in the relatively short time I've been in this community. You have done SO much for me, especially in the Prayer forum, where so many of you have answered the requests for prayer for my friends. Thank you SO much. I have had a wonderful life, and am truly blessed. I was born in northwest BC (British Columbia), Canada, in a little mission hospital in Hazelton, about 250 miles from Prince Rupert, the world's second largest natural harbour. I grew up on a small 1/2 section ranch in Kispiox Valley, about 17 miles from Hazelton. The Skeena River bordered our property, the Kispiox river, world famous at that time for Steelhead, was nearby, and we were literally ringed by snow-capped mountains. It was a great life, with endless wilderness and fields to play in, no T.V. or even electricity to distract me, and plenty of work with my dad from a very early age on the ranch. (How many 7 year olds get to drive tractor all day?) When we weren't busy, my younger brothers and I had many hours of adventures in secret hideaways all over the ranch. It was a great way to grow up! I am the oldest of four: 2 brothers and a sister. Both my mom and dad were also the oldest in their families. My wife is the oldest in her family. Is there some kind of trend here? My mom stayed at home with us, my dear wife's mom stayed home with her family, and my wife has been able to stay home with our kids. (It must be a trend in our family!) My dad was a logger most of the time (ranching didn't really pay the bills in that area) and when logging dried up in our area, we moved to Vancouver Island, when I was a teenager. A short time later, while attending the University of British Columbia, I met the love of my life, Kathy (She is more wonderful every year!). We were married the following year, when I was 18, have had a wonderful life together and have been blessed with 2 girls and 2 boys. They sure grow up fast! Kathy and I have lived in Prince Rupert, where she comes from, interestingly enough, right next to the Skeena River; Qualicum Beach on Vancouver Island; Port Carling, Ontario, in the Muskoka Lakes district; and now in Gibsons, BC, in southwestern BC, where it rarely snows, but rains like crazy in the winter time. We've done a lot of camping ourselves and with our kids, canoing up rivers near Prince Rupert before our kids were born, canoing in Algonquin Park in Ontario, camping and canoing as we travelled up the Alaska Highway to Telegraph Creek (where Kathy's Tahltan roots are), and camping and fishing with our kids in the mountain lakes where we now live. We regularly tour around BC and up to Prince Rupert as a family, and Kathy and I have also been to Hawaii and highway toured Washington, Idaho, Oregon, Utah and Arizona. I LOVE the US interstates! I have also been to the Yukon for my little sister's recent wedding. What a beautiful area! The entire Yukon Territory has a population of just over 30,000 and most of them live in Whitehorse, so if you like vast, unspoiled wilderness, the Yukon is a great place to visit (in summer!!) I trusted Jesus Christ as my saviour when I was very young and have been VERY well taken care of by him ever since. If you don't know Jesus Christ, I urge you to check him out with an open mind and really find out who he is. He is a PERSON you can trust completely, share anything with, and rely on for answers to everything. I really believe that the reason my life has been so wonderful, my marriage so good, and my children such a blessing is because God has honoured his promise to take care of me when I put my trust in him through his son, Jesus Christ. Daveshearth Ministries, http://daveshearth.com , was started in 1998. The website has changed servers several times, but it has continued to grow, and I hope it is a blessing to many. Other things may change, but my prayer is that Daveshearth will continue to grow, even though it's message may not be as popular as making money! I am not a pastor, but a teacher, deacon, and musician in my church. Daveshearth is not a ministry of our church, but is an addition to our church ministry that is welcomed by the church. Network marketing is something that Kathy and I first got involved in in 1978, and have continued with sporadically over the years. When we first went online in 1998 (when I first got involved with Adlandpro Classifieds) I saw the potential to communicate with people from around the globe, and have had a wonderful, often profitable, time (and sometimes not!) in network marketing using the internet as a way to meet and communicate and make new friends. It's a LOT of fun, and something I enjoy all the time. No, I am not full time in network marketing. That almost happened several times, but sometimes the company you're working with doesn't stick around to enjoy the benefits of all your hard work! The last "almost" was a couple of years ago when my friends and I built a very large organization, but the company did some rather silly things and went broke. However it was a wonderful (although very tiring) experience, just the same, and I don't regret it a bit. Right now, I make my living as a heavy duty mechanical contractor in the wilderness, not far from where we live. It is an amazing setting, ringed by steep mountains, and bordered on one side by Howe Sound, an incredibly deep inlet that opens eventually into Georgia Strait. I thoroughly enjoy what I do every day, and then come home and thoroughly enjoy whatever time I can spend with my wife, my kids, and my Adlandpro family. God bless, Dave ****************************************************************** Folks, it’s time to show our appreciation to Dave for his kindness and his work here at AdlandPro. If you don’t know Dave please take the time to invite him to be your friend, you will be glad you did. Love and blessings to you all! :-) John Sanchez and LaNell ****************************************************************** ****************************************************************** Blogs Gdw Amb Frm POTW Nomination’s Forum Vote For AdlandPro’s Person Of The Year!
+0
Re: Welcome To The Feature Of The Week aka Person Of The Week! (27th Edition)
1/21/2006 9:12:52 PM
Hi John, I hjave not been blessedto get to know Dave as well as I mightl ike ot, but my few interactions with him have been delightful. He always presents himself with kindness and decency in forums. He appears to be one of the more helpful members here, and his love of friends and family is shown in his bio. Again, a wonderful choice. Dave, congratulations. You are deserving of this honor, and I hope it shows you that good guys finish first, always. Your involvement in keeping ongoing prayer for members in need is a wonderful idea, and is always needed. I know you are kind, and caring. I am also delighted to hear you speak of a loving family environment. That is an example that will never be out of fashion. Many blessings ot you and your lovely wife. May this be a new year of great happiness for your family. Linda
+0
La Nell !

3647 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/21/2006 9:23:49 PM
Hello Dave! :-) You are a very special person and one of my favorite friends in this wonderful community. You are so smart and have a lot of insight about life. I enjoy your prayer list in your forums. You are a blessing and so thoughtful of others. 0:-) LOL,LaNell
+0
Bob
Bob Needham

115 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
1/21/2006 9:47:10 PM
Hi Dave, (and John) Congratulations!! I just love reading these biographies of my friends. It sounds wonderful Dave, where you grew up. I think all Canadians are aware of the town of Gibsons. I went through there on my way to the best scuba diving area in the country, Powell River, and even have a picture in front of Molly's Reach. Beautiful, amazing area! Enjoy your week Dave! Bob
+0
Janise Collins

369 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
1/21/2006 10:01:44 PM
John and LaNell, Thank you so much for this wonderful opportunity of portraying those members who contribute so much to our community. Dave congratulations! Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful bio of yourself and your family. What an awesome and exciting childhood you experienced. I am glad to hear that at such a young age you accepted Jesus as your saviour and have since that time grown deeper in that relationship. What a blessing you have been to AdLandPro. :) Be blessed in 2006' Your friend, Classic Corners www.classicwebstore.com
Hope to meet you soon! Regards, Classic Corners http://www.classicwebstore.com
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!