Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Cinnamon helps prevent fungus and damping off
12/30/2013 5:36:13 PM
just wondering would cinnamon help with indoor plants?..thanks for explaining David..appreciated
+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/30/2013 5:38:08 PM

It's worth a shot.

I shall try that out next season here in UK.

Roger

+1
David Rowland

194 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
12/30/2013 5:45:31 PM
Diane,

This should work with any plant. It is going to depend on how much cinnamon you use however, and the severity of the fungus you are trying to kill off.
If you have fungus in your houseplants, there may be another issue causing it, such as overwatering, poor soil, compacted soil, compacted roots, poor quality fertilizer, etc....
What is the problem with your houseplants you are trying to fix?
Daves Wire Creations --- Handcrafted wire wrap jewelry http://www.DavesWireCreations.artfire.com
+1
David Rowland

194 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
12/30/2013 5:48:02 PM
Roger,

Let us know how it works for ya. If you have a lot of seedlings, maybe try different concentrations of the cinnamon if you can afford to experiment with it. I would say trying less is better until you see how it works.

Something else to keep in mind if you think the mix is too strong is to strain it thru a cheeseclothe to get the cinnamon granules out of the water mix. That will make it a bit weaker and you can also dilute it with more warm water if you think it's still too strong for your seedlings.
Daves Wire Creations --- Handcrafted wire wrap jewelry http://www.DavesWireCreations.artfire.com
+1
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/30/2013 6:15:06 PM
David,

Thanks for all your information. Cinnamon sure is good for a lot of things. I like the one for the ants. I get these huge ants in the spring. So I will try the cinnamon.
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!