Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: FRANCISCO DE GOYA: Spanish painter, draftsman & printmaker
11/19/2013 7:44:05 PM

What a vast range of work and subjects.

Extraordinary

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/20/2013 2:35:26 AM

Yes, all considered, Goya was unique.

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/20/2013 9:58:36 AM
Quote:

Yes, all considered, Goya was unique.

I will check what Goya paintings are on show in London.

I am taking my grandaughter to London on Saturday next and dropping her at an event. I have all day to look around galleries. The choice is mindblowing.

There is a special Klee exhibition that I want to see at Tate Modern but other than that I have lots of choice.

Roger

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/21/2013 2:16:55 AM

Dear Roger, Joyce and friends,

A couple of days ago I found this video of Goya, and since then I have been doubting whether or not to post it. For one thing, it is pretty lengthy (almost 50 minutes long) and while here and there you can see and hear people who look like English experts, most of it sounds to me like Russian text. But then, the video deals with the influence of war in Goya and Goya's painting (mainly The Third of May 1808) and it does in such detail, and with such high quality, that in my opinion
watching and listening to it is certainly worth the while. The music is also pretty special. Other than that, the video does not release any description of itself.

But here it is.

P.S. Wishing you the best in your Saturday tour of galleries, Roger. To live in a developed , cultured country... wow!

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!