Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: The wonderful world of the Self Portrait
11/20/2013 5:09:44 AM
Quote:

This Titian is wonderful.

I hope that you agree?

File:Titian - Allegorie der Zeit.jpg

Allegory of Time Governed by Prudence

Allegory of Prudence, Titian, his son and the cousin he had virtually adopted, as Past, Present and Future. National Gallery, London, late 1560s.

Yes, Roger this is different and so well done. Cool
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/26/2013 10:03:25 PM

G.R.A.H.A.M.........S.U.T.H.E.R.L.A.N.D

Graham Sutherland (1903-1980)

Having recently visited The National Portrait Gallery in London I was overpowered by the choice of great paintings to be seen.

So many of the world's greatest portraits are to be seen, however, when confronted by so many masterpieces it becomes a challenge as to picking a favourite.

My choice may not please everyone however, I went for the portrait which caught my attention the most plus I also watched others who were viewing and this portrait does stop people.

Not a huge painting, not a delicate or overworked piece BUT the colour is striking and the overall image is very powerful. a great likeness with real power.

It made a great day even better.

Roger

+1
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/27/2013 1:17:09 AM
Roger,

This very realistic, I like it.

Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/27/2013 3:00:30 AM

I too love it, Roger. Wonderful color and a beautiful and eloquent message. Indeed an extraordinary self portrait.

Miguel.

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/28/2013 6:50:26 PM

File:Villers Young Woman Drawing.jpg

Marie-Denise Villers

(1774 - 1821)

At one time ascribed to Jacques-Louis David, this engaging image has most recently been identified as the work of Marie Denise Villers. Although little known today, Villers was a gifted pupil of Anne Louis Girodet-Trioson (1767–1824) and exhibited in the Salons, where her portraits attracted attention.

A wonderful Self- portrait by an artist who only lived for 47 years.

The painting is striking. It’s large, 63 x 50 in. (161 x 128 cm), and when you enter the gallery in which it hangs, the painting is facing you on the opposite wall. It’s hard not to be struck by the luminous figure of this beautiful young woman, drawing board in hand, the folds of her white dress bathed in the soft light from the window behind her, who is gazing directly at you, as though you were the subject of her drawing.

I think that Myrna will enjoy this very sweet painting

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!