Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Quick Corn on the Cobb
8/14/2013 9:04:55 PM
Here's a recipe for Corn on the Cobb thats easy and quick in a pinch!

Take a wet paper towel wring it out. Roll the wet paper towel out then wrap your Corn on the Cobb in the paper towel wrapping it like a burrito tucking both ends of the paper towel. Do this for each one you'd like to serve.
Lay them on a microwave safe plate and cook for 5 minutes.

Thats it all done!!!

Enjoy!!!

Looking for a way to butter your Corn on the Cobb? Take a slice of bread add your butter then lay your Corn on the Cobb on the bread and roll it back and forth till buttered. No mess! If your like my husband he eats the slice of bread with his dinner no waste!
Melanie Fell Freelance Blogger and Affiliate Marketer
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Quick Corn on the Cobb
8/14/2013 9:50:13 PM

Hi Melanie,

Thanks for stopping by and thanks for the Corn on the Cobb recipe. Sounds Good! I have to admit, I've never fixed Corn on the Cobb in the Microwave.

Now Baked Potatoes I've Done.

Just wash your medium sized tater off under running water, dry it off real good, then puncture it in several spots so that the steam won't explode it and wrap it securely in a Paper Towel. For a medium or a moderately large potato, Nuke it for 9 minutes on High, let it sit for about a minute. I usually roll it in the paper towel just a bit to soften it up, put some Smart Balance, some Sea Salt, and some Vegetable Flakes on it and it's ready to eat.

Have A Wonderful Wednesday,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
8/15/2013 11:45:35 AM
I cook my potatoes like this sometimes, but I wait until they are almost cooked through and then throw them in the oven and cook them the rest of the way so that the skin gets crispy.

Just a little tip for ya...
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/15/2013 5:41:52 PM

Hi Melanie,

Thanks for the hint. Actually I prefer to bake my Taters in the Oven as well. After I've washed them, punctured them, and coated the skin with Butter and Sea Salt, I bake them for 60 minutes at 400 Degrees. However, there's times that I don't want to want for an hour to eat a Tater, so that's when I use the Microwave. I'll try your way of Nuking them first and then Baking them. Sounds good, and it would definitely save time.

Meanwhile, here's something that you might want to try. While I was still with my third and FINAL Wife, we had Apple trees on which we grew several varieties of apples, so we were always looking for good and easy apple recipes. We started cooking up apples this way for an everyday dessert back then and it was what we had almost every night during apple season. We did struggle with what to call it since “apple pie without the crust”, or “apple pie filling” didn’t go over very well. We finally decided on “baked apple slices” although they aren’t really baked in the oven but cooked rather quickly in a microwave.

I also do the same thing with Peaches, except I cut the Peaches in half, put a pat of Butter in the center of each half and then sprinkle each with Cinnamon before nuking.

Anyway, here's the recipe...

"Baked" Apple Slices

• 4 cups of peeled, sliced apples - use apples that cook up well, like Fuji or Jonagold
  • 3 Tbsp sugar
  • A sprinkle of cinnamon
  • 1 Tbsp maple syrup

As you slice up the apples, check for their flavor. If they don't taste good raw, believe me, they aren't going to taste good cooked.

Put apple slices in a glass bowl. Sprinkle on top the 3 Tbsp of sugar. Add a light sprinkle of cinnamon. Bake in microwave oven for 5 minutes on high heat. Adjust the time for your microwave and how many apples you are doing. Ours has a powerful high setting so 4 cups of apples only takes 5 minutes. If you use more apples, you will probably need to cook it a little longer. I suggest starting with 5 minutes and testing for doneness with a fork. If it needs more cooking time, give it more. When done, remove and mix so the sugar coats well all the apple pieces. Add maple syrup to taste, about 1 Tbsp. Delicious with whipped cream on top, or with vanilla ice cream on the side. Serves 1or 2.

Have A Terrific Thursday,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
8/15/2013 5:48:06 PM
Thank you so much Phil I'm not much of an apple eater, but my husband eats one everyday. I bet he will enjoy this...thanks again!
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!