Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Ron
Ron Watson

21 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
TOP 10 INTERNET SECURITY TIPS FOR YOU
8/7/2013 1:55:05 PM
1. The Internet helps me stay connected with my fans and well-wishers. So whether I am on Facebook or Twitter, or looking up any specific information on the Net, I am exposed to threats. The same holds true for you. The best way to counter such online or offline threats is to stay protected at all times by using an antivirus solution, one – that doesn’t slow down whatever you are doing, while at the same time, gives you the highest level of protection you deserve so you don’t need to worry about Security.

2. Make sure the antivirus you are using is not pirated.

3. To all my young friends who are on social media, please do maintain your privacy.

4. Do not share any kind of sensitive information on Social media – be it about family, credit card information or your bank account details, personal photos, or anything that will become a cause of regret in future.

5. My kids spend a lot of time on the Internet. As parents, it is important to monitor and ensure inappropriate content does not reach and thus influence them. Talking to your kids about Internet dangers is important.

6. These days a lot of people use the Internet on their smartphones and other handheld devices. It is important to secure these devices as well, as they are easy to lose and then your information can fall into the wrong hands.

7. A lot of people ask me what apps I download. Honestly, I don’t. But my kids do download a lot of games, etc. My advice in this case would be to please exercise caution while downloading apps randomly, and always check the reviews, if possible, to ascertain the nature of the app.

8. For those who do online banking or buy things online, a good Internet Security solution has a very unique feature called Safe Money, which when activated, creates a green colored protective window (you will actually be able to see the green border in the browser!) that creates a double layer of protection. This is very important as more and more of us are buying stuff online these days.

9. When it comes to online banking, please ensure you use a ‘virtual keyboard’ as you don’t want to give out your banking passwords to anyone.

10. Last but not least, before visiting any website or clicking on any random link, please stop for a while, take a closer look, think whether it is really necessary and then connect.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Now, you can get an AVG Internet Security absolutely FREE for 5 long years.

Yes, it is possible. Just visit http://helpmycomputernow.webs.com and Claim yours.

+2
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: TOP 10 INTERNET SECURITY TIPS FOR YOU
8/7/2013 2:24:34 PM
These are very good tips Ron that people should read and heed! I do have a question and goes to show we can always learn something new...in point 9 you talk about a "virtual keyboard", could you explain what that is?

Diane
+1
Hafiz 2013

791 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/7/2013 2:45:09 PM
Nice informative post. Same question like Diane. what about virtual keyboard?
+1
Ron
Ron Watson

21 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/7/2013 2:53:43 PM
A virtual keyboard is a computer keyboard that a user operates by typing on or within a wireless- or optical-detectable surface or area rather than by depressing physical keys. Such a system can enable the user of a small handheld device, such as a cellular telephone or a (personal digital assistant) to have full keyboard capability.

You can get the virtual keyboard in your PC or Windows laptop by following these steps

1. Click on Start key
2. Then go to all programs and accessories.
3. Search for Ease of Access.
4. Then you would see an option as ONSCREEN KEYBOARD.

Try this. And let me know if you get problem. I can help you by screenshots as well..
+2
Hafiz 2013

791 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/7/2013 2:59:51 PM
Quote:
A virtual keyboard is a computer keyboard that a user operates by typing on or within a wireless- or optical-detectable surface or area rather than by depressing physical keys. Such a system can enable the user of a small handheld device, such as a cellular telephone or a (personal digital assistant) to have full keyboard capability.

You can get the virtual keyboard in your PC or Windows laptop by following these steps

1. Click on Start key
2. Then go to all programs and accessories.
3. Search for Ease of Access.
4. Then you would see an option as ONSCREEN KEYBOARD.

Try this. And let me know if you get problem. I can help you by screenshots as well..
I know about onscreen keyboard. but didn't know that it is called virtual keyboard. So you are telling that If we use this keyboard while pressing password, it will not be recorded or no chance to be hacked? (two days ago my skype was hacked and they changed everything. so i have to make another one :( )
+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!