Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Michael Ansara, Actor Who Played Cochise and Kang, Dies at 91
8/3/2013 2:59:15 PM
Michael Ansara, a busy and widely recognizable character actor who was best known for portraying American Indians and later a Klingon in three different “Star Trek” series, died on Wednesday at his home in Calabasas, Calif. He was 91.
Born in Syria, Mr. Ansara mostly played ethnic roles, Indians being a particular specialty. He became a star in the 1950s on the ABC television show “Broken Arrow,” a fictionalized account of the friendship between the Apache chief Cochise, played by Mr. Ansara, and the Indian agent Tom Jeffords, played by John Lupton.

In one of his most memorable roles he embodied another species altogether, as the evil Klingon leader Kang in “Star Trek.” He played the part, complete with wing-like eyebrows, on the original television series in 1968 and reprised the role for two of its TV descendants: “Star Trek: Deep Space Nine” and “Star Trek: Voyager.” He was one of a handful of actors to play the same part on three different “Star Trek” series.

He is survived by his wife of 36 years, Beverly, his sister Rose, his niece Michelle and nephew, Michael John.

+2
RE: Michael Ansara, Actor Who Played Cochise and Kang, Dies at 91
8/31/2013 1:52:11 PM
Somehow this obituary passed by so silently.
Thanks Diane for posting it.

R.I.P. Michael Ansara.
+1
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Michael Ansara, Actor Who Played Cochise and Kang, Dies at 91
9/7/2013 10:48:16 PM

Tommy Morrison Dead: Former WBO Heavyweight Champion, 'Rocky V' Star Dies At 44

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Branka Babic

1352 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
RE:Tommy Morrison Dead: Former WBO Heavyweight Champion, 'Rocky V' Star Dies At
9/8/2013 7:53:48 AM
Here comes a next example with a shoemaker's son who always walks barefoot and shoemaker's wife who always has a ragged shoes ... The same is with my forums ...

Thanks Dine for posting obituary for Michael Ansara (honestly, haven't noticed his passing away) and thanks Jim for posting news about Tommy Morrison's death.

Tommy Morrison (1969) - Former WBO heavyweight champion, man who lost only 3 matches in career and who beat the great George Foreman in 1993;
"Rocky V" Star

R.I.P. Tommy Morrison
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!