Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Debt and Diet
1/18/2006 12:43:15 AM
I apologize for somehow getting double posting. Lawton
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
1/18/2006 12:59:32 AM
Hi, everyone! I'm getting behind, here! Janise, thanks for your presence. Stewardship over our blessings is one of our greatest responsibilities, I believe. Winston, always glad to have your input. You have a knack of reducing my paragraphs and paragraphs to their essence. Wish I did! :-) Lawton, that's exactly what my mother has always said! As for your question, I'll bet you know what happens. As a real estate broker I see it every day. Foreclosure, maybe bankruptcy, and a couple whose marriage is now shaky. Sad, bewildered kids. It's heartbreaking. Thank you, everyone, for making this a successful discussion! I'm so happy to have your participation. Cheri
+0
Winston Scoville

536 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
1/18/2006 5:52:47 AM
============================================ Winston, always glad to have your input. You have a knack of reducing my paragraphs and paragraphs to their essence. Wish I did! ============================================= Thanks Cheri. I'll have to take a picture and frame this! Usually I do just the opposite. Take something logical and simple and turn it into something very difficult! Nice to know my brain is on the right track! :-)
+0
2/5/2006 9:07:32 PM
Hi Cheri, I like your analogy. Debt and Diet. Maybe you can start quoting a Debt to Diet Ratio as in Debt to Equity. Sorry, couldn't help that. You know I have to add to your analogy. Imagine Debt being to weigh as liability is to a diet. In most cases people get into a debt problem because they didn't manage a liability. I know this isn't always true but understanding and managing cash flows is the answer to controlling debt. I don't have any specific issue in carrying a debt but I do understand that a debt of any amount is a source of discomfort for many people. My wife is one person that doesn't understand the need to carry debt nor pay any amount of interest. Of course I have to be different so we can stay attracted to each other. :-) Jack
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
2/8/2006 12:12:37 AM
Jack ============================================ My wife is one person that doesn't understand the need to carry debt nor pay any amount of interest. Of course I have to be different so we can stay attracted to each other. ============================================ That's cute, as long as it doesn't become a bone of contention between you. I hope I'm not perpetuating one of those "everyone knows" aphorisms that have no basis in fact (because I can't cite a statistic or name the source), but I believe I've heard it said by credible people that argument over money is the most common cause of divorce these days. I think you're right about understanding and managing cash flow; however that's exactly what over 90% of the population of the US doesn't understand. I may not be able to reach all of them :-), but I'm hoping to reach some. I know it can be learned, just like proper eating habits can be learned. I've managed the former. Now, to conquer the latter! Cheri
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!