Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: A Healthy Snack For You To Enjoy
8/10/2013 5:13:02 PM

Hi Myrna,

I agree with you that 2 cups of Sugar would be too sweet, that's why I use Splenda Baking Formula for both my White Sugar and Brown Sugar needs, except when making Fudge. I find that my Fudge will not set up properly with Spldenda, so I use Xylitol instead. Just don't let your pets near the xylitol unless you want to clean up their "mess", sometimes from both ends.

Meanwhile, you really ought to try these.

Black Bean Brownies

1- 15 oz can of black beans, rinsed and drained
1 shot of espresso
3 eggs
2/3 cup of dark cocoa powder
½ cup sugar*
1 cup dark brown sugar*
½ cup whole wheat flour
1 tbsp Smart Balance® Cooking Oil
2 tsp vanilla
½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 325. Spray an 8x8 pan with Smart Balance cooking spray.

In a food processor, process the black beans and espresso until smooth, scraping down the sides.

Add the eggs, cocoa powder, sugars, flour, oil and vanilla. Process again until well combined.

Stir in the chocolate chips and pour the batter into the prepared pan.

Bake for 35 minutes until set in the center.

Serves 16

Per Serving as listed: Calories 184, Fat 4 g, (Saturated 2 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Poly 1 g,
Mono 1 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Sodium 93 mg, Carbohydrates 33 g, Total Sugars 24 g

Have A Splendid Saturday, Go Out & Kick Up Your Heels

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/10/2013 8:48:21 PM
Hi Phil,

These are different. I liked the black bean the other dish with black beans. I also hear they are loaded with protean. Think about it you need a veggie on the side and you have your protein, and dessert with only 2 courses. lol. What do you think of that reasoning?

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/16/2013 8:10:22 PM

Hi Myrna,

Sorry to be so Tardy, it's been another one of those weeks! No problems healthwise, just busy with life.

How about a little something that's sweet to eat, without that annoying bulge that's always sneaking up on us from behind. From Recipes For Healthy Living, here's a simple treat that will be much healthier than any processed snack that you may find at the Convenience Store on that next Road Trip with Friends and Family. Under 100 Calories and only 4 Grams of Sugar.

No-Bake Peanut Butter & Chocolate Bites

1/3 cup Domino® Light Sugar & Stevia Blend
1/3 cup skim milk
½ cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups rolled oats
3 tablespoons mini-chocolate chips

1. In a small saucepan, combine Domino® Light and milk over medium heat. Stir well and bring to a boil for 1½ minutes. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla.
  2. Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients; stir to incorporate.
  3. Scoop oat mixture into1 tablespoon balls and place on waxed paper. Let cool and refrigerate.

MAKE IT GLUTEN-FREE: If you need this recipe to be gluten-free, make sure to use gluten-free rolled oats and confirm all other ingredients are gluten-free.

Have A Bright & Beautiful Weekend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/20/2013 2:50:22 PM

Hello Myrna & Friends,

Here's a little something that I have from time to time and it's really quite good, and healthier as well. Found this originally in my Miracle Noodles Cookbook. You can download a free copy of the the full 47- page Cookbook Here.

Who says that we cannot have our cake and eat too? There is no doubt that we all enjoy sweet treats and there is never a reason that is good enough for me that I would give up my treats. So I will just keep creating low carb desserts that are also lower in calories because I am using the miracle rice in this recipe. This is definitely one for the kids too.

Chocolate Rice Pudding with Shirataki Noodles

The ingredients that we will need for this shirataki noodles recipe will come in sequence below.

2 bags of miracle rice

3 cups of milk, rice milk, and coconut milk, almond or flax milk will all work just as well. Please use the version that is enjoyed by you the most.

Let us get a ½ cup of sugar or 12 packets of stevia to sweeten the dessert without all of the excess calories.

1 Tablespoon of pure vanilla extract

We will need a ¼ of a cup of real cocoa powder for our chocolate lovers delight here.

1 teaspoon of butter

We will need somewhere between 4 to 5 Tablespoons of cornstarch to thicken the pudding.

1 egg is optional

1 cup of raisins is optional

If you are making this for your kids it may be fun to top it with a few chocolate chips for them.

A dash of salt is also optional

To prepare, gather all of the ingredients and place them close to your stove so that you are able to reach them very easily. Now is time to get the saucepan heating up on the stove? So now let’s start heating the butter and the milk. Once we see it warming up we are going to add in the remainder of the ingredients one at a time. Be sure to leave the cornstarch for the end. Do not stop stirring the mixture because the milk has a tendency to burn real quickly. Once all of the ingredients are together and you have slowly placed in the cornstarch one Tablespoon at a time until you are happy with the thickness we will then put the mixture into a bowl or a baking dish. Make sure to lightly grease the bottom. Last we are going to turn the oven on 350 degrees and we are going to bake this for fifteen to twenty minutes. I like the top to be a real nice golden brown. Enjoy this chocolate rice pudding recipe.

Click here if you would like to place an order for miracle rice today.
Have A Terrific Tuesday,
Phil
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!