Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: A Healthy Snack For You To Enjoy
7/24/2013 4:01:26 AM
Hey Phil,
We can a lot of fun finding all these great healthy recipes for fudge. Check this one out. I just found this website when looking up for Mound bars. This girl is only 16 and is concerned about her diet. Here is the site. http://www.foodiefiasco.com/

The World’s Healthiest and Easiest Fudge (Low Calorie, Low Fat, Vegan, Low Carb, Sugar Free)

I was inspired by the incredible Katie’s fantasic fudge recipe, and used my low calorie almond butter to reduce the calories, and so you don’t have to clean the blender. The results are fantastic!

Adapted from Katie and my Instant Low Calorie Almond Butter

Makes 10-15 pieces

Ingredients

1/4 cup almond meal

2 Tablespoons almond milk

1/4 cup mashed banana, pumpkin, or applesauce (Choose this carefully, as it will determine the flavor of your fudge. I tried banana and pumpkin, and while pumpkin was great, I thought banana was best in this.)

1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder (Carob powder is great, too)

sweetener to taste, optional (I used one packet of stevia.)

Directions

Combine almond meal and almond milk. Microwave for 30 seconds. Alternately, for a raw and microwave-free version, you can stick it in the fridge until thickened, or simply add les liquid. Add in mashed banana, pumpkin, or applesauce, cocoa powder, and sweetener to taste, if desired, and mix until incorporated. Spread it into a container (plastic works very well for popping the fudge out) and freeze until solid. You can keep it in the freezer for extended period of time like I do, but you may need to let it thaw at room temperature for a but before eating.

There is only one thing I have against it, and that is the Microwave. It is no good for anyone, it isn't even good to boil water. It depletes every that is good for you.
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/25/2013 2:27:20 AM

Hello Again Myrna,

Thanks for the quick fudge recipe. I happen to agree with you about the Microwave. It's good for a quick warmup, but I use it less and less these days.

I love Fudge, but I must admit that my REAL weakness is still Doughnuts. These Eclairs are about as close as I can get these days. Your family and friends are in for a treat when you serve them these luscious eclairs and no one can even tell they're sugar free.

Sugar-free Chocolate Eclairs

Ingredients:

• 1/2 cup water
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 eggs

Vanilla Filling:

• 1-1/4 cups cold fat-free milk
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 1 cup fat-free whipped topping

Chocolate Topping:

• 1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
  • 1 package (1.4 ounces) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix

Directions:

• In a large saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Add flour all
  • at once, stirring until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat;
  • let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after
  • each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
  • Transfer to a resealable plastic bag; seal.
  • Cut a 1-in. hole in one corner of bag. Pipe eight 3-1/2-in. logs onto
  • an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce
  • heat to 400°; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until golden brown.
  • Transfer to a wire rack. Immediately cut a slit in each to allow stream to escape; cool.
  • Split and set the tops aside. Discard soft dough inside.
  • For filling, in a large bowl, whisk milk, vanilla and pudding mix for
  • 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in whipped topping; set aside.
  • In another large bowl, whisk milk and chocolate pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spoon vanilla filling into eclairs; replace tops. Spread with chocolate topping.
  • Yield: 8 eclairs.
  • Have A Wonderful Wednesday My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
    +0
    Phillip Black

5931 Posts
    Invite Me as a Friend
    Top 50 Poster
    Person Of The Week
    7/31/2013 1:50:51 PM

Hello Friends,

Here's one that another Friend shared with me awhile ago and I wanted to pass it on to you all, because these really taste great.

Note that these bars as made according to the recipe are 125 calories for a roughly 2" square. Using a zero calorie sweetener would bring them down to about 100 calories each, however since Peanut Butter itself has about 100 calories for 1 tablespoon, to really bring down the calories I'd either have to reduce the amount of peanut butter and have it not taste as rich or make the serving size ridiculously small. I decided not to do either.
    A few other notes regarding this recipe. They use a Truvia baking blend in this recipe, which does have sugar. If you are looking for a sugar-free instead of reduced sugar dessert, you could use 100% Truvia instead, but you would need to reduce the amount of sweetener used by a tablespoon. Secondly, the regular recipe for these bars has graham crackers in it which provides structure to the bars. You don't want to just mix peanut butter with a sugar substitute and call it a day since first of all, that isn't a Reese's cup, and frankly you would end up with a gooey mess. As a low sugar substitute for the Graham Crackers they use Cheerios, however using Cheerios means these aren't 100% sugar free, so you end up with about 2.5 g of sugar for the whole batch.
    (Almost) Sugar-Free Peanut Butter Cup Bars
    Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons Truvia baking blend
  • 2 1/2 cups Cheerios
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  • 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons natural peanut butter (Just peanuts, no added salt or sugar)
  • 5 Sugar-free mini Hershey's chocolate bars
  • Preparation:

1. Add Truvia to a blender and pulse until it becomes a powder. Pour into a medium bowl.
    2. Add Cheerios to blender and blend until powdered. Pour into bowl with Truvia and mix.
    3. Stir in peanut butter and melted butter and stir until combined. Pour into an 8x8 baking pan and press down.
    4. In a double boiler or microwave on low power, melt chocolate. Pour over the top of peanut butter mixture. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into 16 pieces and serve. (For a creamier chocolate topping, although it adds more calories, mix in a tablespoon of peanut butter to the melted chocolate.)
    Each bar: 125 Calories, 15 g carbs, 8.5 g fat, 2.75 g protein, & 2.5 g sugar.
    Have A Wonderful Wednesday,
    Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
    +0
    Phillip Black

5931 Posts
    Invite Me as a Friend
    Top 50 Poster
    Person Of The Week
    8/9/2013 8:55:34 PM

Hello Friends,

Time for some more guilt-free chocolate! This recipe is made from scratch and does not contain any eggs. I also used the Coconut Oil and it was really fun and easy to use.

No Egg Chocolate Cake Recipe

Ingredients:

3 cups Honeyville All Purpose Flour
    2 cups Granulated Sugar
    1 tsp Salt
    2 tsp Baking Soda
    1/2 cup Baking Cocoa Powder
    3/4 cup
    Coconut Oil
    2 Tbsp Distilled White Vinegar
    2 tsp Vanilla Extract
    2 cups Cold Water

Directions:

Begin by preheating oven to 350 degrees.

Place coconut oil in a sauce pan over medium low heat and stir continuously until it is all melted.

Measure into a bowl the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder.

Sift the dry ingredients into an un-greased 9x13 baking pan. Make 3 wells in the mix. In the first pour the oil, the second pour the vinegar, and the last add the vanilla. Next pour cold water over everything and mix well with a fork.

Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes, until tooth pick inserted comes out clean. Once cooled, frost with your favorite icing. I kept mine simple and just dusted to the top with powdered sugar, however, Pillsbury makes a Sugar-free Icing inWhite and Chocolate, and the White would be great with this cake.

Originally from The Cooking Cousins Blog

Have A Happy Weekend,

Phil

+0
    Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
    Invite Me as a Friend
    Top 25 Poster
    Person Of The Week
    8/10/2013 4:16:31 AM
    Hi Phil,

This is cool. I have used that recipe for years, but we call it Crazy cake. It is a moist cake, but don't put in a mixer and beat it, it gets dry. Don't ask why it get dry, because I don't know. I just know this cake is really good dark chocolate cake, and easy to make. ( My 2 cents worth.). I only use 1 cup of sugar, 2 cups is just too sweet for me.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
    +0

facebook
    Like us on Facebook!