Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Hafiz 2013

791 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
RE: Amazing images and places!!!
8/27/2013 12:05:35 PM
Agora Tower: Twisting Skyscraper in Taiwan!

Taipei just broke ground on a twisting skyscraper that is wrapped with a jungle of vertical gardens! Designed by Vincent Callebaut Architecture, the 42,355-square-meter (455,000-square-foot) Agora Tower will have an orchard, a vegetable garden, space for aromatic and medicinal plants, and a compost and rainwater capture system - and that's just the beginning.

Designed to mimic two encircling hands and the helical structure of DNA, the towers are organized a central core that allows for what the design team call a “hyper-abundance of suspended gardens.” These will spill over with edible and decorative plants, enabling residents of 40 luxury apartments to harvest a great deal of their own food (except for protein.) Plus, the rainwater capture system alleviates pressure on the municipal water supply and gives the complex even greater independence.

Each 540 square meter apartment will have an interior green wall as well, ensuring optimum air quality and a great green aesthetics. A circular light funnel will push daylighting right down to the basement of the building, a solar roof will provide energy, and low E glass will mitigate excess solar gain and prevent thermal loss. Complete with nanotechnology and a host of other high-tech features, this one-of-a-kind tower may well be the greenest of its kind when it is completed circa 2016

Read more: Agora Tower: Twisting Skyscraper Wrapped With Vertical Gardens Breaks Ground in Taipei Agora Garden by Vincent Callebaut - Gallery Page 2 – Inhabitat - Sustainable Design Innovation, Eco Architecture, Green Building

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/27/2013 6:11:22 PM

Absolutely wonderful.

It is great for so many reasons.

Tree surgeons look likely to have fun too.

Roger

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Amazing images!!
8/27/2013 6:26:33 PM
Fascinating and wonderful
+1
Hafiz 2013

791 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
RE: Amazing images!!
8/28/2013 6:09:16 AM
Thanks Roger for loving it . It is really appreciated that you visit this from and post. I love to see others to read and comment or reply here.
+1
Hafiz 2013

791 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/15/2013 9:38:59 AM
World’s Shortest Commercial Flight is Just 47 Seconds Long!!

The world’s shortest commercial flight takes place between the two Orkney Islands, Westray and Papa Westray, just north of Scotland, separated by a distance of only 1.7 miles. Operated by Loganair, the flight duration is officially two minutes, but under ideal wind condition can be completed in only 47 seconds.
Tickets are priced at about $30 per passenger with no in-flight service.
+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!