Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
What is Difference Between SMO and SMM?
7/5/2013 9:14:42 AM
What is difference between social media optimization and social media marketing? Can you explain these?
+1
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: What is Difference Between SMO and SMM?
7/5/2013 4:32:41 PM
Quote:
What is difference between social media optimization and social media marketing? Can you explain these?

difference between SMM and SMO

Hi Erika don't you just love all the new terms that people are now using, you almost need a new kind of dictionary just to keep up with them lol

What is the difference between #SMM ( social media marketing) and #SMO? (social media optimization)

What is #SMO

Social
Media
Optimization

What does that really mean? To me it means creating a way to make your social media profiles, your social networking activity , your publish content VISIBLE and easy for people to share. A simple example would be this post. when you look to the bottom you see different sharing buttons from tweet, G+, Pinterest etc. this is just ONE way to optimize what you are doing on social media.
Why bother with Social media optimization? When you make it easier for people to share with others, it will help provide traffic to your site, it helps build community or branding around what you are doing and it helps search engines find your social profiles, your social activity and your blog posts more easily.

What is #SMM?

Social
Media
Marketing

Social media marketing is a form of internet marketing that uses social networking sites as a marketing tool.

How does one "do" social media marketing? At its very core the best way to use this tool is by creating unique and viral content. An example would be a tweet that provides interest so that others will want to retweet it or creating a video that others will want to share, or offering some kind of incentive so that people will want to like your Facebook page etc.

While Social Media Optimization and Social Media Marketing have different strategies, they both work together and should be at the core of building your business.

I hope that helps explain the difference between the two terms Erika and I really have to thank you for asking an awesome question

+1
Hafiz 2013

791 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/5/2013 4:39:56 PM
Thanks Daine!
Thanks for explain SMO and SMM. I was confused about that. Now clear.

Quote:
Quote:

difference between SMM and SMO

Hi Erika don't you just love all the new terms that people are now using, you almost need a new kind of dictionary just to keep up with them lol

What is the difference between #SMM ( social media marketing) and #SMO? (social media optimization)

What is #SMO

Social
Media
Optimization

What does that really mean? To me it means creating a way to make your social media profiles, your social networking activity , your publish content VISIBLE and easy for people to share. A simple example would be this post. when you look to the bottom you see different sharing buttons from tweet, G+, Pinterest etc. this is just ONE way to optimize what you are doing on social media.
Why bother with Social media optimization? When you make it easier for people to share with others, it will help provide traffic to your site, it helps build community or branding around what you are doing and it helps search engines find your social profiles, your social activity and your blog posts more easily.

What is #SMM?

Social
Media
Marketing

Social media marketing is a form of internet marketing that uses social networking sites as a marketing tool.

How does one "do" social media marketing? At its very core the best way to use this tool is by creating unique and viral content. An example would be a tweet that provides interest so that others will want to retweet it or creating a video that others will want to share, or offering some kind of incentive so that people will want to like your Facebook page etc.

While Social Media Optimization and Social Media Marketing have different strategies, they both work together and should be at the core of building your business.

I hope that helps explain the difference between the two terms Erika and I really have to thank you for asking an awesome question

+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/5/2013 4:58:07 PM
your very welcome Hafiz and glad that I could help :-)
+1
Branka Babic

1352 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/5/2013 8:34:38 PM
Erika, thanks for asking!
Diane, like always, thanks for such a valuable lesson, it is much appreciated.
+2

facebook
Like us on Facebook!