Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Quotes about "Star Trek"
4/11/2013 4:01:33 AM

The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe.
~ Dr. McCoy, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home

How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life.
~ James Kirk, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

In this galaxy there’s a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all that, and perhaps more...only one of each of us.
~ Dr. McCoy, Star Trek, “Balance of Terror”

"Fascinating."
~ Mr. Spock's reaction (accompanied by one raised eyebrow) to virtually every display of human emotion, alien behavior or any natural phenomenon that did not adhere to his principles of logic.

"Rumors of my assimilation are greatly exaggerated."
~ Captain Picard in Star Trek: First Contact, explaining that although he was taken over by the virtually undefeated alien entity known as the Borg, he's feeling much better now.

"Spock, I do not know too much about these little Tribbles yet, but there is one thing that I have discovered. I like them … better than I like you."
~ Dr. McCoy, simultaneously expressing his exasperation with Spock and love for cute, colorful furry creatures, shortly before those creatures reproduced at a rate that threatened to destroy the Enterprise

"I would be delighted to offer any advice I can on understanding women. When I have some, I'll let you know."
~ Captain Picard to Data, Star Trek: The Next Generation

"Our neural pathways have become accustomed to your sensory input patterns."
~ Commander Data's definition of friendship.

A man either lives life as it happens to him, meets it head-on and licks it, or he turns his back on it and starts to wither away.
~ Dr. Boyce, "The Menagerie" ("The Cage")

Blast medicine anyway! We've learned to tie into every organ in the human body but one. The brain! The brain is what life is all about.
~ McCoy, "The Menagerie"

I am pleased to see that we have differences. May we together become greater than the sum of both of us.
~ Surak of Vulcan, "The Savage Curtain"

I'm a soldier, not a diplomat. I can only tell the truth.
~ Kirk, "Errand of Mercy"

On my planet, to rest is to rest -- to cease using energy. To me, it is quite illogical to run up and down on green grass, using energy,instead of saving it.
~ Spock, "Shore Leave"

When dreams become more important than reality, you give up travel,building, creating; you even forget how to repair the machines left behind by your ancestors. You just sit living and reliving other livesleft behind in the thought records.
~ Vina, "The Menagerie" ("The Cage")

How long can two people talk about nothing?"
~ Deanna, "Starship Mine"

"It's difficult to work in groups when you're omnipotent."
~ Q, "Deja Q"

"The mid-1990s was the era of your so-called Third World War"
~ Spock (Space Seed)

"Mr. Spock, the women on your planet are logical. That's the only planet in the galaxy that can make that claim."
~ Kirk (Elaan of Troyius)

"I signed aboard this ship to practice medicine, not to have my atoms scattered back and forth across space by this gadget."
~ McCoy (Space Seed)

"Now Mr. Spock, there's really something about all this that I don't understand, so maybe you could explain it to me, logically of course... Now, when you jettisoned the fuel, and ignited it, you knew that there was virtually no chance of it being seen and yet you did it anyway. Now that seems to me like an act of desperation." -- Kirk
"Quite correct, Captain." -- Spock
"Now we all know, and I'm sure the doctor would agree with me, that desperation is a highly emotional state of mind. So how does your well known logic explain that?" -- Kirk
"Quite simply captain, I examined the problem from all angles, and it was plainly hopeless. Logic informed me that under the circumstances, the only logical action would have to be one of desperation. Logical decision, logically arrived at." -- Spock
"Ah-huh, I see... So you reasoned that it was time for an emotional outburst." -- Kirk
"Well I... Wouldn't exactly put it in those terms captain, but those are essentially the facts." -- Spock
[sighs] "You aren't going to admit that for the first time in your life, you committed a purely human, emotional act?" -- Kirk
[crosses arms and slowly shakes head] "No, sir." -- Spock
[laughing] "Mr. Spock, you are a stubborn man." -- Kirk
[raises eyebrows] "Yes, sir." -- Spock (The Galileo Seven)
+2
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Quotes about "Star Trek"
4/11/2013 4:43:53 AM
Oh, you missed two REALLY, REALLY important ones...

"He's dead, Jim." McCoy (mimed all over the internet)

"Beam me up, Scotty." Kirk et al. Probably quoted by more people with the garage door opener in their hand than any other Star Trek quote (with or without the remote).

GREAT forum.

Dave
+1
Branka Babic

1352 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
4/11/2013 10:01:20 AM

+1
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/11/2013 12:22:17 PM
There were so many quotes Dave, I was going a bit cross eyed..lol so I am glad that you got them in...thanks :-)

Quote:
Oh, you missed two REALLY, REALLY important ones...

"He's dead, Jim." McCoy (mimed all over the internet)

"Beam me up, Scotty." Kirk et al. Probably quoted by more people with the garage door opener in their hand than any other Star Trek quote (with or without the remote).

GREAT forum.

Dave
+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/11/2013 12:25:51 PM

There is a variation of this quote Branka which predates StarTrek and was made my Sherlock Holmes " "How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!