Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Art from Central America
4/13/2013 3:48:48 AM
Hi Roger,

I like this one, very colorful. But the thing is the artist is from London.

British artist Suzanne O’Driscoll. Suzanne studied in London at the Central School of Art and Design and as a postgraduate at the Slade School of Fine Art. During her career Suzanne has won major prizes to travel in Central America and Italy.

Travel continues to be a major inspiration, and the colours and imagery of the countries she has visited are vividly represented in her work. Her work can be found in many private and public collections.

Suzanne has also gained a reputation for her work in metal, producing large-scale wall sculptures for public art commissions. This work can be seen in- Sculptures and Commissions. Her latest works were hung in a new housing development in Hounslow, London.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+1
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/13/2013 4:07:29 AM
Roger this one is from Coata Rica, but no artist name. I know what you mean about needing help with Central America.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+2
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/13/2013 8:50:50 AM
Quote:
Hi Roger,

I like this one, very colorful. But the thing is the artist is from London.

British artist Suzanne O’Driscoll. Suzanne studied in London at the Central School of Art and Design and as a postgraduate at the Slade School of Fine Art. During her career Suzanne has won major prizes to travel in Central America and Italy.

Travel continues to be a major inspiration, and the colours and imagery of the countries she has visited are vividly represented in her work. Her work can be found in many private and public collections.

Suzanne has also gained a reputation for her work in metal, producing large-scale wall sculptures for public art commissions. This work can be seen in- Sculptures and Commissions. Her latest works were hung in a new housing development in Hounslow, London.

Beautiful Myrna,

Inspired by Central America is good enough for me.

I love the colours. Although they are not traditional high art I could live with these and I might try to do my version and bring it here.

Roger

+2
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/13/2013 8:53:28 AM

Quote:
Roger this one is from Coata Rica, but no artist name. I know what you mean about needing help with Central America.

This is fun. It looks like a tapestry.

Great central American Spanish influence.

Roger

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/20/2013 5:20:59 PM

ROBERTO LEWIS

French trained and from THE REPUBLIC OF PANAMA majored on portraits, mainly of natinal leaders but his post impessionist works were impressive. best known, Tamarindos.

At present I cannot find an online copy as the painting is in private hands.

Here are some other works

Roberto Lewis Biography

(b Panama City, 30 Sept 1874; d Panama City, 22 Sept 1949). Panamanian painter and teacher. He studied painting in Paris at the Académie des Beaux-Arts and in the studio of Léon Bonnat, combining the influence of academic and Post-Impressionist art. On his return to Panama in 1912 he was commissioned to paint the interiors of several new public buildings, among them the Teatro Nacional and the Palacio de Gobierno, which he decorated in the official Neo-classical style. He was an accomplished portraitist and numbered among his sitters many political figures, including numerous Panamanian governors and all the presidents of Panama from 1904 to 1948 (Panama City, Pal. Presidencial).

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!