Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Images that I find by chance and enjoy
5/17/2013 9:59:41 PM
Quote:
Hi Roger,

These paintings by David Sheferd are more than amazing, they are unbelievable. So realistic and detailed but at the same time they have atmosphere in capital letters - above all, the ones depicting trains. But all are so beautiful. The only defect I see in them is precisely their being perfect (sorry, I don't know how to say it but this is no critic nor does involve any demerit).

Thanks for sharing,

Miguel

P.S. These are the ones I like most.

Zebras

Miguel,

So glad you enjoyed David Shepherds paintings. He has used his fame and money to save so many animals.

Roger

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/9/2013 9:46:17 PM

On the pavements of Wroclaw, Poland, at the intersection of Piłsudskiego and Świdnicka streets, Polish artist Jerzy Kalina installed a total of 14 life-like statues—seven people descending into the ground on one end of the junction and seven people emerging from the ground on the adjacent corner.

The public art installation called Przejście, translated as Passage or Transition was installed at the cross streets in December 2005 to mark the 24th anniversary of when martial law was introduced in Poland (December 13, 1981). It was a time when many ordinary civilians were killed and went missing, which is reflected by the descending pedestrians who disappear into the Earth. The imposing method of military ruling was lifted in 1983, as echoed by the rise of the ordinary man on the opposite side of the street. The installation provides a visual representation of time and power.

Despite the serious subject pertaining to Polish history, Flickr user memnativ caught the statues looking rather jovial with the addition of a few colorful bow ties, presumably added by someone other than Kalina.

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/9/2013 9:52:11 PM

The Fantastic Art of Jacek Yerka

The fantastic art of Jacek Yerka