Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Andrey Lyashkov

1218 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
RE: Share if a Website is a Scam or Not please
12/10/2012 4:06:27 PM
Hi Steve !
Hi, I'm Andrey, I live in Ukraine, but the business is based in the western sector of the Internet.
I recently discovered the Fast Lane Commission Money Network and I was amazed how good it is performing and easy to use.

+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/10/2012 4:44:38 PM
Good morning Stephen, Kathleen and anyone else reading what is being said about scams, "scam" reporting sites etc.

As many if not all of you are very aware, I am not in any of these "programs" so I have nothing to gain nor to lose by stating my thoughts on this subject.

The reality as I see it is that what you are doing is working and like any job offline there is a category for that job. You earn commissions when you tell people about your particular "store", "product" or "service" and the bonus is that when you use these products/services yourself, then your credibility goes up a thousand fold.

Whew..that was a mouthful.

For all the great people you will meet on the web, you are also going to meet people who are negative, angry, hurtful and disgruntled for whatever reason and who are going to go out of their way to do what they can to ruin your day, to ruin your credibility and to ruin your life.

This happened to Adland and while I do not know the ins and outs to how it all started ( I don't want to know btw), Adland was made into a monster full of this that and the other. In the process people...good people got caught up in the nastiness and they were also attacked. NOT GOOD!

Forum marketing or Forum social marketing is something that has been used by many people for lots of reasons, but to many who do not grasp the concept,they will think that "blasting ads" is the way to be seen and it can create a bad impression. It truly is up to the experienced people on Adland to start teaching people/helping people learn how to be social, how to converse about many topics and to learn the power of forums/social networking that will turn Adland into a great (er) community and the added bonus is that to the individual members will be seen with greater credibility.

Back to the topic and sorry for digressing.....

I read a comment on WOT that I feel people should read and should take into consideration. When I went to GDI ..yep a poor rating on all levels..yikes! As it is my nature (the blogger in me...lol) I read through the comments and this one caught my eye. It is so well written and it makes very good points that I am putting it here........

WOT ratings are no longer accurate and can not be trusted. I hate to admit it, but WOT has been corrupted by uneducated, misinformed, and sometimes intentional sabotage reviews. This is the second site I got involved in that has a poor WOT rating because someone thought they knew what they were talking about. I am a member of GDI and although their marketing techniques on some of their promotional sites are kinda in your face, the company is legit, solid, honest, and provides a good opportunity for individuals to make extra money.

Dear WOT Admin,
Please find a way to make your ratings more accurate and more useful. When I first started using your plugin I thought it was great. The more active I become on the internet I see many sites getting poor ratings just because someone felt like giving them a poor rating. I know this does not stop me from visiting this site, but throws a big warning sign in my face and I have to do more research before I can trust the site when all along the site was perfectly trustworthy and a handful of WOT users tarnished that sites name using your system."

On a personal level...I am truly sorry that so many people have been hurt and I hope that things will get better for you in all ways!

P.S. have you considered going to the owners of these places and demanding that all references to you be removed? I will say it is one thing to talk about a business, but when it is made personal, then that might be considered defamation? #justsaying

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/10/2012 4:50:44 PM

Diane,

We cannot find the owner of RealScam because they are hiding behind Domains By Proxy, a branch of GoDaddy. I did contact them last year and got no help.

The main moderator of RealScam was also no help, actually very belligerent and she created an account here at Adlandpro to also harass me here a year ago.

Anyone with a brain in their head online will do their thinking for themselves and not let the opinions of cartoon-characters do their thinking for them.

Any "scam discussion" site that engages in harassment of individual marketers, especially successful marketers, because the "scam discussers" can't prove a business is a scam, is just proving that the "scam discussion" site is a scam itself.

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/10/2012 5:01:44 PM

The internet sheeple mentality has gone over the edge, beyond critical mass.

Do you know how people used to determine if a business was a scam in the "olden days" before the internet?

They'd JOIN the business and see how it worked, if it worked, and communicate with the owner.

EZ Wealth Solution usually only costs $10 to join, right now it's a $5 joining special this month. Any "scam discusser" who isn't willing to join $5 or $10 businesses and make an in-depth study, should not be calling themselves a "scam discusser".

Mail-order studies of 15 or 20 years ago, and even now today, are made by people who are willing to put in the money to join businesses and study them for 30 days or more. If "scam discussers" are not willing to put in a few dollars per month and a few hours per day for 30 consecutive days to really study 12 businesses per year from the inside, unwilling to spend $60 to $120 per year, and make competent reviews and gain a competent audience, then they are NOT "scam discussers", they are just lazy, flat broke, incompetent, unknowledgeable people with a lack of longterm commitment and lack of credibility that they are trying to instill into the heads of any other unknowledgeable people who read their uselessness.

+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/10/2012 5:02:03 PM
Hi Kathleen, I can hear your anger and frustration and for that I am sorry.

If you are being harassed on Adland, then the best suggestion I can give is to report that person and get the admin to help you?

In a community, whether it be online or offline, there are times when people do not get along, but if you are being attacked, then please get help!

Of course I know that you are doing the best you can and will continue to hope that you will overcome these obstacles in a way that will prove to be positive.

Have a good Monday..can you believe it...Monday...yikes!

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!