Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: 100 Friends
3/30/2013 8:15:08 PM
I'm unsure if I see this as a real problem to be honest ( maybe I am weird) If people are here and wish their privacy or they are here just to put in an advertisement and have no wish to socialize..then that is up to them. I can see Adlandpro being used for such things as research.. a way to put in information about lets say.. genealogy and then sharing with only a few people they they choose.. a great way to use this system..the editor is better ( heck better than most networks one could belong to) for setting up images and sharing history ..so on and so forth. hey..did I just come up with a unique USP to being on Adlandpro?
Diane

Hello Lydia and Diane,

There is an option to hide profile entirely from the view on community. If person first decided to be friends with others and then change the settings, this might result in such situation. There is no specific solution to this situation right now.

Bogdan
+0
Lydia Fokina

2042 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/31/2013 2:22:13 PM

The term the friend on social networks differs from the human.
But whether is it possible to consider as the friends ones to whom it is impossible to address?
At least, maybe, let them go to level of the followers.
Though why are necessary such the follower which it is impossible to follow mutually?
In principle, personally for me it is insignificant, I hide nothing here, I don't deal doubly.
Let them follow me, if it is not laziness.

+2
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Chat
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/31/2013 2:27:03 PM
Quote:

The term the friend on social networks differs from the human.
But whether is it possible to consider as the friends ones to whom it is impossible to address?
At least, maybe, let them go to level of the followers.
Though why are necessary such the follower which it is impossible to follow mutually?
In principle, personally for me it is insignificant, I hide nothing here, I don't deal doubly.
Let them follow me, if it is not laziness.

Hi Lydia,

Happy Easter to you.

You were the first who identified this situation. Thanks for bringing this up.

Bogdan
Be a victor not a victim. Simply be responsible for what happensin your life.
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn | Tumblr | My Blog

+1
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/31/2013 2:45:08 PM
Good morning and a happy Easter to you all....

The issue of connection on two levels of "friending" and "following" is not an issue on such places as Twitter or LinkedIn as an example where you have levels of connection which can help segment the aspect of social. To me when you follow a person it is because they are putting out information ( pretty much like a newspaper subscription) that you can keep an eye on what a person is saying, but that's as far as it goes. When you connect with a person (friending) it is to develop a mutual relationship where both of you see what you are doing and can interact.
Personally I have never had any issues with this and find it very useful, but I guess the question is for AdlandPro ..is this level of complexity required at this time? I guess it all depends on what people are doing here, if they are putting out information that will be useful to others etc....

Diane
+0
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Chat
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/31/2013 3:16:45 PM
Quote:
Good morning and a happy Easter to you all....

The issue of connection on two levels of "friending" and "following" is not an issue on such places as Twitter or LinkedIn as an example where you have levels of connection which can help segment the aspect of social. To me when you follow a person it is because they are putting out information ( pretty much like a newspaper subscription) that you can keep an eye on what a person is saying, but that's as far as it goes. When you connect with a person (friending) it is to develop a mutual relationship where both of you see what you are doing and can interact.
Personally I have never had any issues with this and find it very useful, but I guess the question is for AdlandPro ..is this level of complexity required at this time? I guess it all depends on what people are doing here, if they are putting out information that will be useful to others etc....

Diane

Good morning Diane,

Happy Easter to you.

I guess what Lydia brought forward is situation which is inconsistent with the intention. If you are willing to be friend with someone, than hiding totally your profile from those who you befriended doesn't make sense. So if you are making decision to be invisible, you should get the option to either be still visible to your friends, or remove this relationship entirely.

Bogdan
Be a victor not a victim. Simply be responsible for what happensin your life.
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn | Tumblr | My Blog

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!