Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: My favourite painted image.
11/11/2012 6:01:53 PM
Hi Roger,

As you well know, I never knew much about painting, never really cared that much until you and Miguel got me interested Thank you for the information on who painted The Light of the World and the original painting. I like this forum, very interesting and I can learn more.
Thanks

Quote:

Quote:
Hi Roger,

Sorry I goofed again. If I would read what you said, oh well, look over me ok
Here is a painting I have hanging in the center of my house,

This painting means patience to me. The door with no handle. You must open up yourself to receive what The Father is offering you. The colors are of light, which presents the warmth.

Myrna,

That's lovely and also very interesting.

Holman Hunt painted this The light of the world in the mid 1800's. Yours is obviously a painting based upon this and painted by somebody who loved it.

This is my wife's favourite painting.

There is promise, hope and light in the picture. A lovely image.

Roger

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/11/2012 9:25:08 PM

Dennis,

This is interesting in that I, as a a former printer recognise this as photography.

With today's technology it is possible to alter and combine photographs. This is what has been done here.

I will not put this down. Every image producing technique has a value and this technology is being used by artists in many ways. I have played with ideas photographically just to see how I might develop that idea.

Thanks for bringing this. If it pleases you then it has 100% value as an image even if it's production was simple to a techie.

This dove was produced in seconds by Picasso but it is a loved and respected image worth more because Picasso comes with a pedigree.

Roger

Quote:
Hi Roger and Friends

I Thought this was nice piece of artwork
Who Painted it it have no idea
There is so much detail in this Piece
If You can find out more about it post it in a quote

Where I Found it.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=291679027533709&set=a.205996106102002.56736.124773740890906&type=1&theater

Thanks
Dennis

+0
11/12/2012 1:53:26 AM

Hello Roger and friends, I don't have one particular painting that I like, there are several. I'm more fond of the florals and especially roses.

Here is a video with 36 beautiful paintings plus there is beautiful music to listen to and I'll be back if not with a painting then to see those that others have posted. :)

Wishing everyone a wonderful week.

Masterpieces of World's Great Artists
36 of the finest paintings in the world in high quality...

Artists included: Vermeer van Delft, Leonardo da Vinci, Salvador Dali, Frida Kahlo, Michelangelo, Jacques-Louis David, Edouard Manet, Raphael, Sandro Boticelli, Gustav Klimt, Teodore Gericault, Jan van Eyck, Diego Velazquez, Jean Fragonard, George Seurat, Peter Paul Rubens, Titian, Eugene Delacroix;
The songs in the video are performed by Desi Dobreva and they are an example for the traditional bulgarian singing... enjoy!

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/12/2012 8:34:06 AM

Evelyn,

Wonderful images.

This might help others here remember their favourites.

Roger

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/3/2012 1:15:36 AM
Hi Roger and friends,

So sorry, I forgot this one!

Caravaggio - Rest on the Flight to Egypt (Oil on canvas, 1596-97)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!