Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Prayer for a Pastor in Syria
12/6/2012 10:27:08 PM
Someone asked a question that seems to have disappeared: "Weren't we supposed to be supporting the rebels?"

That is far too important of a question to drop, even in this particular forum.

The fact that the media IS NOT sharing, nor is the US administration, is that Assad is Aliwate Muslim and the rebels are mainly Sunni Muslim (which is the branch supported by el-Quaida)

The Sunnis are far more radical than the more moderate Aliwates, and want outright Sharia law in Syria. They will (and are) kill anyone who is not one of them. This war is a lose-lose war that the west is FOOLISH to take a side in. People like my friend, Saied, a national (Syrian-born and bred) Christian pastor and missionary in his own country, want neither side, but a totally new secular government that allows freedom of religion for everyone.

God bless,

Dave
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/7/2012 12:19:10 AM
Hello Dave,

I did ask the question earlier forgot I was logged in to build the POTW forum so I removed my post.

I was under the impression we were supporting the "Rebels" for some kind of democratic solution to the issue. I actually asked this: 'Weren't we supplying the "Rebels" with weapons?

At least that is the impression I had, at least from the news.

West could arm Syrian rebels within months after Britain wins diplomatic battle

Britain has given a "clear signal" that the West is ready to arm Syrian rebels within months, after winning a diplomatic battle to ensure that a European Union ban on arming opposition fighters is reviewed early next year. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/9709946/West-could-arm-Syrian-rebels-within-months-after-Britain-wins-diplomatic-battle.html

Now we learn that the "rebels" are AlQuieda? Why can the west simply not keep their nose out of this civil war? I understand your friends predicament and the only choice I see for him and others like him is to fight for their country as i would mine.

The Shiites, the Sunnis and the Kurds, plus most other TRIBES have been fighting one another since the 7th or 8th century or for as long as any written history on the area.

Imagine the Republicans and Democrats battling in the streets and us Independents are caught in the middle. Who do you side with in hopes of defeating the common enemy then defeating your ally after that battle/war.

They seem to have a never ending cycle and the West and the powerful Eastern and Asian countries seem to be vying for the weapons deal with concessions without getting their hands dirty. I am afraid Ambassador Stevens was one of those players in this deadly game.

I know its not a game and I really feel for your friend or anyone caught in this terrible damned if you do and damned if you don't situation. But its a civil war and no one but the main players have a say in when and how it ends. We should stay the heck out of it. IMHPO

Jim

Quote:
Someone asked a question that seems to have disappeared: "Weren't we supposed to be supporting the rebels?"

That is far too important of a question to drop, even in this particular forum.

The fact that the media IS NOT sharing, nor is the US administration, is that Assad is Aliwate Muslim and the rebels are mainly Sunni Muslim (which is the branch supported by el-Quaida)

The Sunnis are far more radical than the more moderate Aliwates, and want outright Sharia law in Syria. They will (and are) kill anyone who is not one of them. This war is a lose-lose war that the west is FOOLISH to take a side in. People like my friend, Saied, a national (Syrian-born and bred) Christian pastor and missionary in his own country, want neither side, but a totally new secular government that allows freedom of religion for everyone.

God bless,

Dave

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/16/2012 12:35:30 AM
Hi Jim,

All my friend and others like him want is a peaceful country with total separation of religion and state, so that everybody is free to practice their own religion.

He is not asking for the leadership to accept his particular beliefs as a basis for the constitution of the country; what he is praying for is a government that will stay out of religion.

Unfortunately, the west is working towards helping an even more extreme form of Sharia law and Islamic dictatorship to take over in Syria than what is already there.

My friend keeps sending out emails warning the world that what is happening in Egypt is what will happen in Syria if the west helps the rebels. The Egyptian leader is not interested in democracy. The Muslim Brotherhood, of whom he is a member, is ONLY interested in an Islamic Caliphate.

We need to be very wary of what we hear on mainstream media. It's often very wrong.

God bless,

Dave
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!