Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: What is your best moment in the Olympic Games to date?
8/4/2012 3:30:30 PM

Just watching another women's cycle heat.

CUMMMMMMOOOOOONNNNNN.

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/4/2012 3:32:51 PM

Another world record just in the heat

It will be Team GB and Team USA in the FINAL

Get behind your team now

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/4/2012 3:42:04 PM

Roger,

I was a good swimmer in high school, whenever I watch Ryan Lochte "not breathing"...I remember I didn't turn my head to take a breath either, it helps you go faster, Lochte beat Phelps once or twice because Phelps takes a breath every time.

The swimming teachers would get annoyed with me for not taking a breath for as long as possible, and for not putting my hair back in a ponytail, and then not putting it in a bun as it got longer, because the longer ponytail would also somehow get into my face or mouth as I turned my head...LOL... we had to take swimming for 3 years in high school, most girls wanted the class in the late afternoon or we'd look bedraggled all day from pool-hair if we had morning swimming class. Swimming caps were not in style then, no teenage girl in the school pools would be caught dead wearing a swimcap! There were also co-ed classes, so we wanted to look cute.

That's the one sport I was good at, swimming is great for the shoulders & arm muscles. I'm very glad that women have muscles now, because way back when, it was unusual, or not the norm anyway.

Maybe I'll get back to it now in my "middle age", ha.

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/4/2012 4:44:43 PM

Kathleen,

One of my regrets is that I never overcame my fear of water. I was never encouraged, in fact overprotected when it came to swimming. My grandaughters are very at home in the water and I've never been able to share this.

I did teach myself, in a therapy pool, to be able to swim at least to be able to be confident to take my feet off of the floor, but I still can't really understand how it can be enjoyable.

I have huge respect for those who can excel in an alien environment.

Roger

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/4/2012 4:50:14 PM

Wow,

Just heard that Andy Murray is in the final of the Mixed Doubles AND the Final of the Men's Individual.

A BIG ask after his defeat at Wimbledon but, who knows.

Well done Serena anyway, what a star!

Roger

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!