Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: What is your best moment in the Olympic Games to date?
8/5/2012 9:59:43 AM
Quote:

Hello Roger and everyone, I must admit I haven't been keeping up very much with this years Olympics but I would like to share a photo of my little 8 granddaughter Kayleigh, in a championship meet back in Knoxville Tn this past weekend. Who knows, she may one day be in the Olympics.

CLICK HERE

And here is an article about a young lady from my home town back in Lenoir City, Tennessee, who is a member of the USA swim team and will be taking home the gold.

CLICK HERE

Evelyn,

This is a lovely posting from you.

It is exactly what the Olympics is about.

The theme for this Olympic Celebration is "Inspire a generation".

It only needs a little girl like your sweet grandaughter to be inspired by one champion and who knows where that might go.

I loved the picture and article about her.

Your swimming gold medal winner will, I'm assured, will get a wonderful welcome home.

There are so many wonderful stories at these games.

The dedication that these folk have is inspiration in itself.

To those who are not interested in watching the games in general should find one national star to get behind and see them through to the end. There are guys like our long-jump champion nearly gave up after Bejing but didn't and despite not even matching his own personal best yesterday found that, in the windy conditions, he jumped the longest of all. GOLD Medal Winner to his delight.

Michael Phelps has shown us all his humour, his dedication, his humility in defeat and his delight in being part of a winning team.

We can be nationalistic but how wonderful to see Cubans running with Americans, Jew and Arab, even the poor souls from Syria who have to perform not knowing what is happening at home. Today is apparrently National forgiveness day. How apt.

Roger

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/5/2012 10:14:43 AM
Quote:
HI Roger,

I haven't been getting your site, now I am. I have been watching a lot of the Olympics too. I think the BK is coming out now. I am so proud of Americans and all their medals Last I saw we were ahead of China. wow. how about that.

Well Mike Phelps has gotten a few more of medals, good for him. He started out a little slow but is full speed ahead now.

Rank Country Gold Silver Bronze Total
1 United States 26 13 15 54
2 China 25 16 12 53
3 Great Britain 14 7 8 29
4 Russia 3 15 10 28
5 Japan 2 10 12 24
6 France 8 6 8 22
7 Germany 5 10 6 21
8 Australia 1 12 7 20

Hi Myrna,

Glad you have found my forum again.

Thanks for medal update.

Keep ahead of China please.

We are so proud of these games here.

Watch this video from Sydey Australia in 2009

+0
8/6/2012 12:50:58 AM

Roger, not only do our own children grow up too fast but so do our grandchildren. My grandson will be turning 16 in December and my other granddaughters are 11 and 5. Kayleigh is 8 but is turning 9 in a few days.

Have a blessed week. :)

Quote:

Quote:

Hello Roger and everyone, I must admit I haven't been keeping up very much with this years Olympics but I would like to share a photo of my little 8 granddaughter Kayleigh, in a championship meet back in Knoxville Tn this past weekend. Who knows, she may one day be in the Olympics.

CLICK HERE

And here is an article about a young lady from my home town back in Lenoir City, Tennessee, who is a member of the USA swim team and will be taking home the gold.

CLICK HERE

Evelyn,

This is a lovely posting from you.

It is exactly what the Olympics is about.

The theme for this Olympic Celebration is "Inspire a generation".

It only needs a little girl like your sweet grandaughter to be inspired by one champion and who knows where that might go.

I loved the picture and article about her.

Your swimming gold medal winner will, I'm assured, will get a wonderful welcome home.

There are so many wonderful stories at these games.

The dedication that these folk have is inspiration in itself.

To those who are not interested in watching the games in general should find one national star to get behind and see them through to the end. There are guys like our long-jump champion nearly gave up after Bejing but didn't and despite not even matching his own personal best yesterday found that, in the windy conditions, he jumped the longest of all. GOLD Medal Winner to his delight.

Michael Phelps has shown us all his humour, his dedication, his humility in defeat and his delight in being part of a winning team.

We can be nationalistic but how wonderful to see Cubans running with Americans, Jew and Arab, even the poor souls from Syria who have to perform not knowing what is happening at home. Today is apparrently National forgiveness day. How apt.

Roger

+0
8/6/2012 12:52:11 AM

Roger, what a gutsy lady. I listened very closely but didn't hear her age. Did I miss it?

Quote:

Quote:
HI Roger,

I haven't been getting your site, now I am. I have been watching a lot of the Olympics too. I think the BK is coming out now. I am so proud of Americans and all their medals Last I saw we were ahead of China. wow. how about that.

Well Mike Phelps has gotten a few more of medals, good for him. He started out a little slow but is full speed ahead now.

Rank Country Gold Silver Bronze Total
1 United States 26 13 15 54
2 China 25 16 12 53
3 Great Britain 14 7 8 29
4 Russia 3 15 10 28
5 Japan 2 10 12 24
6 France 8 6 8 22
7 Germany 5 10 6 21
8 Australia 1 12 7 20

Hi Myrna,

Glad you have found my forum again.

Thanks for medal update.

Keep ahead of China please.

We are so proud of these games here.

Watch this video from Sydey Australia in 2009

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/6/2012 2:36:37 AM
Hi Roger,

That Lady must be in here 80's, she sure put me to shame Good for her.
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!