Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
RE: SOUND OFF ON ANY TOPIC YOU WANT TO.
12/2/2013 7:25:15 PM
A very interesting video Helen and I only watched part of it but will finish watching later.

Quote:
Health care in the US and in the world

How it all began and what it's for.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6J_7PvWoMw

Helen

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/2/2013 7:33:40 PM

Evelyn,

You get such interesting posts here.

I am so glad that, despite the wall, and all of it's attractions that the forum lives on.

Many people drop in but not so many post. I think that sometimes newbies think that they need to be invited to post.

I am trying to get everyone to use all of the features here at Adland.

I've revived my old Forum Informum to remind folk that their are so many features here for their use.

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/post/2409902/Forum-Informum-Feedback-for-Business-and-Pleasure/136.aspx

Roger

+0
12/2/2013 7:52:47 PM
Regardless of your political affiliation, please listen to what this lady has to say. She makes so much sense and it is wonderful to know there are people like her out there but then this is the type thing you won't see on the local or national news.
As I watched and listened to this lady many memories of my early childhood came to mind. I was the oldest of seven children and we were very poor in material things but we had wonderful parents who taught us all the value of hard work. I've posted about this in the past how my dad worked construction during the day and farmed after he came home. He would plant a huge vegetable garden and my mom would can things in half a gallon canning jars. I loved her homemade kraut and my dad made the best country cured hams I have ever eaten, from the hogs he raised.
We were very self efficient but then that was the way of life then and was all we knew. I can remember when we first got electricity, I think I was a bout 5 or 6 years old.
By perseverance and hard work, my dad was finally able to buy a small farm of his own.
Another thing that bothers me is all the racial tension that has developed since 2008. We were share croppers on a big farm in East Tennessee with a black family and there were other black families in the community and we all visited and helped each other out. I can even remember visiting a black church in the community and even to this day I can remember the wonderful singing. It wasn't until we left that community that I became aware of how the blacks were discriminated against.
By the time I was hired at the Yale lock factory, where I worked for 37 years, blacks were pretty much treated just like everyone else, or at least from what I could see. To say there weren't a few white people that weren't racist would be untrue but for most part we were all one big happy family.
We celebrated each others birthdays, exchanged gifts at Christmas, participated in holiday feasts where everyone brought food and we all ate together. We also mourned with and supported each other when death or tragedy occurred in our work family, and we really were like a big family. If someone's house burned or someone had to be out of work for a while, we would pass a box and take up a collection. Yes I have many happy memories from those 37 years I spent there and of course there are also a few unhappy ones too but that happens in life.
I have attended funerals at the funeral homes and churches of both blacks and whites. We spent more of our waking hours with them then we did with our own families. Sadly the plant has now closed and after I retired I lost touch with a lot of my friends I worked with, both black and white, but a large part of that is because I moved away and unfortunately several of them have died.
Be sure and click the link and watch the video. I think you will be glad you did.

From a woman of faith who loves America: ‘Black people have been deceived’

+0
12/2/2013 8:10:11 PM
Well THANK YOU Roger. I really appreciate that. I haven't had as much time lately to spend on my forums as I used to. I was gone all morning, had to leave early, so was late getting on today.

Quote:

Evelyn,

You get such interesting posts here.

I am so glad that, despite the wall, and all of it's attractions that the forum lives on.

Many people drop in but not so many post. I think that sometimes newbies think that they need to be invited to post.

I am trying to get everyone to use all of the features here at Adland.

I've revived my old Forum Informum to remind folk that their are so many features here for their use.

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/post/2409902/Forum-Informum-Feedback-for-Business-and-Pleasure/136.aspx

Roger

+0
12/2/2013 9:14:40 PM
I LOVE this man!!! He certainly has a way with words.

Curing Liberals

Published on Dec 1, 2013

Wild Bill, America's Leading Liberalologist, gives a liberal a dose of truth to help cure his "liberalemia".

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!