Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Does anyone know how to submit a website/blog URL to Google for indexing?
11/30/2011 1:59:10 PM
Misty to answer your initial question here just visit this link and you will become enlightened http://www.12path.com/alp/misty/ yes that is my short link tracker you can get everything in one place here if you are interested http://www.12path.com/mmsbr3/ican2/

Jim

Quote:
Hello Misty,

I was going to reply with all kinds of good tips and suggestions. But I noticed you hyper-linking keywords in your posts and decided to take a look at your blog and see what you had fallen into. Luckily you are a in good hands with Chris, and really do not need help.

Just keep it up, you are building backlinks right now with the posts in this forum and anywhere else you are interacting. Especially if you are doing the same as you have done here. I believe the newbie has wore off a long time ago, in your case.

Jim

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Does anyone know how to submit a website/blog URL to Google for indexing?
11/30/2011 4:11:25 PM
Hi Jim,

Thank you for the information, I will be sure to check it out.

The reason I named this forum "newbie lounge" is because I felt that the community here was a great resource for people/entrepreneurs new to the game and wasn't able to find a discussion area that was developed to fit this particular need. I wanted to create a place for people to be able to pose questions to be answered by the "pros". Most of the people here (at adlandpro) I have communicated with have been doing this for 10+ years.

I do still think of myself quite green as I have been at this whole make money online/social networking for just over a month now, but maybe I am wrong. I am on to the second lesson of the traffic course (become active in a forum) with about 15 lessons to go.

Anyways, enough about me and my explanation. I am still looking for if there is a way to index without waiting to be found. Especially because my website is really a (landing?) page for an affiliate product (which apparently Google doesn't like?) and doesn't really have any links to it (I thought that was how Google found you was through links with the spiders?). Also because my page is basically a replica of all the other Chris Farrell sites, isn't the fact that it is not unique work against me with Google indexing/ranking my site? I am still a bit confused about indexing, it's like being added to their directory? Does it really play a part in where you land in the results or does it just you are able to be found?

I read that if you don't have fresh content (mine has no fresh content and is certainly not unique) that your site won't make it anywhere in the search engines, which is why I started the blog in the first place. I have been trying the google keyword search tool in writing my blogs but only got found once because of a search engine. Thus the quest to be indexed.

Anyways still looking for how to index my page with the search engines manually but it sounds like maybe I just need to keep working on my blog and wait (patiently) until I am found. Just trying to expedite the process. Any assistance provided would be greatly appreciated..

Misty
FREE eBook "Create Your First Website By 3:45 This Afternoon" http://www.website-genie.com Misty's Blog http://www.website-genie.com/myblog Unleash the POWER of TWITTER MARKETING! http://www.website-genie.com/totallyfreetweets
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/30/2011 9:55:00 PM
Misty,

First if you do not own that blog do the following. Go to a domain registrar like GoDaddy or whatever registrar you choose or simply get hold of Bill Brown (BJ) at and register your domain name and get your hosting all in one place. BJ will also help you set your WP blog and then you send people to your blog with your blog posts on it referring to Chris's or whatever program you choose. But what Chris is teaching you is right and as you go along I am sure he will tell you this investment in your business to BRAND YOU is the way to go.

JIm

Quote:
Hi Jim,

The reason I named this forum "newbie lounge" is because I felt that the community here was a great resource for people/entrepreneurs new to the game and wasn't able to find a discussion area that was developed to fit this particular need. I wanted to create a place for people to be able to pose questions to be answered by the "pros". Most of the people here (at adlandpro) I have communicated with have been doing this for 10+ years.

I do still think of myself quite green as I have been at this whole make money online/social networking for just over a month now, but maybe I am wrong. I am on to the second lesson of the traffic course (become active in a forum) with about 15 lessons to go.

Anyways, enough about me and my explanation. I am still looking for if there is a way to index without waiting to be found. Especially because my website is really a (landing?) page for an affiliate product (which apparently Google doesn't like?) and doesn't really have any links to it (I thought that was how Google found you was through links with the spiders?). Also because my page is basically a replica of all the other Chris Farrell sites, isn't the fact that it is not unique work against me with Google indexing/ranking my site? I am still a bit confused about indexing, it's like being added to their directory? Does it really play a part in where you land in the results or does it just you are able to be found?

I read that if you don't have fresh content (mine has no fresh content and is certainly not unique) that your site won't make it anywhere in the search engines, which is why I started the blog in the first place. I have been trying the google keyword search tool in writing my blogs but only got found once because of a search engine. Thus the quest to be indexed.

Anyways still looking for how to index my page with the search engines manually but it sounds like maybe I just need to keep working on my blog and wait (patiently) until I am found. Just trying to expedite the process. Any assistance provided would be greatly appreciated..

Misty

Jim Allen III

+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/30/2011 9:59:08 PM
PS: Trying to rank a capture or splash page is a waste of time. Same for an affiliate page. You want to own the domain you are driving traffic to, anything else is spinning your wheels if you are in for the long run. Even to trul be successful affiliate marketer you need to be the go to person and branding you is the sure way to go.

Jim

Quote:
Misty,

First if you do not own that blog do the following. Go to a domain registrar like GoDaddy or whatever registrar you choose or simply get hold of Bill Brown (BJ) at and register your domain name and get your hosting all in one place. BJ will also help you set your WP blog and then you send people to your blog with your blog posts on it referring to Chris's or whatever program you choose. But what Chris is teaching you is right and as you go along I am sure he will tell you this investment in your business to BRAND YOU is the way to go.

JIm

Quote:
Hi Jim,

Misty

Jim Allen III

+0
12/1/2011 12:17:34 AM
Hi Jim,

It sounds like I am pretty much out of luck with the affiliate page and Google index/ranking thing. Boo! I should be able to make headway with Google and the blog, right? And then add links from my blog to the website and that will help me out with market exposure? Just trying to make sure that my thinking is wrapping around this issue correctly. Thank you so much for all of your help =)

Do I need to try to index the blog, or does that happen automatically? I know WordPress is set up to automatically ping (is it blog directories?) when I do a new post.

Do you know how I can check to see if I made it to the index yet?

Misty
FREE eBook "Create Your First Website By 3:45 This Afternoon" http://www.website-genie.com Misty's Blog http://www.website-genie.com/myblog Unleash the POWER of TWITTER MARKETING! http://www.website-genie.com/totallyfreetweets
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!