Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
RE: Cyclothymia. What it is and how to deal with it.
8/31/2011 3:20:37 PM
Dear Sara, Joyce, Amanda and Roger,

Thank you all for stopping by and posting.

It is very sad that nowadays there is a lot of mis-dignoses going on. It is also sad that this condition affects the sufferers and their family members in the way that it does.

However, I also have a controversial thought on the matter and that is, I'm not sure that I agree that every condition should be labelled and therefore, with that excuse, drugged up to the nines.

I am opposed to most pharmaceuticals and I absolutely do NOT believe in psychotic drugs. There is no evidence what so ever to prove that drugs shrinks happily prescribe actually work.

So, I'm kind of of the opinion that sometimes conditions become labelled in accordance with drugs readily available on the market.

This is no doubt a serious condition, but maybe it needs other methods of treatment.

Take care everyone and thank you.
+0
8/31/2011 3:40:34 PM
Quote:
Hello Venerina,

I have not heard of this condition before now, yet it is not too surprising as there are more and more conditions being named every day as they manifest themselves into new symptoms.

I cringe everytime I hear of some new prescription drug advertised on TV for some complaint then you get a 'grocery list' of side-effects that one can get from taking it. Then wait around 6 months later and a Law Firm starts advertising for anyone who has taken the particular drug and had another 'grocery list' of serious and dangerous problems to themselves or their babies - even to someone dying.

This is serious stuff, yet the Big Pharma's are still 'spitting out' their dangerous and toxic untried drugs with the approval of the FDA which I do not believe they have as much say or 'clout' as the general public thinks... all in the name of billions of $$ and the expense of peoples lives.

I have noticed that there have not been as many 'cures found' for various life threatening diseases as complaints been reported.. but that is another story!

Amanda

Amanda, on this I totally agree with you. It amazes me that these ads can legally be put on TV - they are false advertisements and just like you say in a few months - here come the lawyer ads. The adverse effects are most times worse than what they are treating a person for.

Yet, I know people, even family that when they hear of a new drug to treat something, they will be off to the doctor to get it and the doctor willingly writes out that prescription.

Recently, our doctor prescribed blood pressure medication for my husband. When he read the side effects, he refused to take it and I do not blame him for I won't take it either. I use natural things like green or black tea, cider vinegar mixed in water, healthy food, and of course exercise in moderation.

Thank you for writing what I think everytime I hear another one of those commercials and they tell you the side effects. Why would anyone take it??!!!

Thanks Venerina!

Sara

+0
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/1/2011 12:01:10 AM
Raised on a wildlife reserve in Alaska, 15-year-old Garrett was interested in the dietary habits of the farm animals. After the tragic death of his mother, Garrett’s father decided to home-school his son and assigned a book written by Dr. Max Gerson that proposed a direct link between diet and a cure for cancer. Fascinated, Garrett embarks in this documentary on a cross-country road trip to investigate The Gerson Therapy. He meets with scientists, doctors and cancer survivors who reveal how it is in the best interest of the multi-billion dollar medical industry to dismiss the notion of alternative and natural cures.

After I finished watching this video which is an hour and a half long.. I also reckon that these same practices of eating right would also do a great deal towards our overall health.

I have been looking more closely at what ingredients are in each packet, can, bottle etc that I am picking up to place in my shopping cart. Taking more active
approach to what I am putting into my mouth and looking for organic and taking more notice where the products are coming from etc

Many added ingredients put into our food to enhance the flavour, colour, smell and overall look of the product is not necessarily good for our health especially when most have been altered from its healthy original state.

I did not always know that sugar, flour was bleached to make it more prettier to the eye. I did learn about this in my early adult years. It is often very hard to buy original products that have not been altered with food colouring, sugar, salt, msg, formaldehyde etc these days. .

Amanda
+0
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
9/4/2011 3:28:09 PM
Dear Amanda,

A change in diet saved my life more than once. I will post something further on down the line. I haven't had a chance to watch this video but will do tomorrow when I have the day off and a little less hectic schedule.

Thank you so much and God Bless you x
+0
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/4/2011 4:03:57 PM
Hello Venerina,

I prefer most of my veges raw or very lightly fast cooked or steamed. I eat a lot of salads at present with very little dressing added or not at all. I love eating lettuce leaves with a little sea salt.

One of the things that I have made a big effort on, is getting out my bread maker again. I always make myself a sandwich for lunch...Lunches have always been a difficult meal to have without bread, soup and toast or something on toast e.g. baked beans, spaghetti, eggs etc etc.

I have had some difficulty in North Carolina as the last time I really used the bread-maker was back in Oregon and here in the east perhaps different electricity currants, different elevation all make baking different (I never had to worry about anything like this back in NZ no time zones)

My first bread I bought new packets of yeast and it must have been old as the bread came out like a very large biscuit dry and crumbling (scone as Brits, Aussies and NZ call them)
My 2nd bread with new yeast was heavy and moist after the first day so I toasted a couple slices and it took 3 times to lightly brown..
My 3rd bread was a little lighter in weight and less moist but still needs some improving.

I have looked online and found some recipes how to make your own yeast water which I have started in a sealed glass jar with raisins. You can make yeast water from many fruits - grapefruit skins, apple cores etc.
I bought a bag of unbleached bread flower so will make another loaf soon and maybe it is the flour.
Anyway the purpose of making my own bread was to keep out the extra sugar and preservatives that are in US bread. Sugar is one of the main ingredients in most things we buy ready packaged, canned etc so I want to get away from these.
I know eventually I will find the right combination and have the perfect bread for me, then I will move onto making buns lol

Amanda
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!