Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: THE EUROPEAN ROMANTICISM IN ART - CASPAR DAVID FRIEDRICH
4/18/2011 2:11:47 AM
Dear friends,

Here are three paintings of a gloomy sort by Caspar David Friedrich. They seem to symbolize a person's spiritual stage previous to their seeing the light from the spiritual realm. In the case of the painting with the most impressive half-uprooted tree, which more or less competes
in protagonism with the couple portrayed in it, this can be due to the romantic nature of the relationship that the couple obviously hold.

Caspar David Friedrich - Moonrise by the Sea (oil on canvas, 1822)

Caspar David Friedrich - Rocky Reef on the Sea Shore (oil on canvas, c. 1824)

Caspar David Friedrich - Man and Woman Contemplating the Moon (oil on canvas, c.1824)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/18/2011 2:33:51 AM
And here is a jewel of a painting, also from Caspar David Friedrich's period prior to 1824. While it must have been pretty easy for him to paint it as its execution would not seem to present any unsurmountable difficulty, it nevertheless possesses most impressive features to the average viewer. Here the symbolism is pretty obvious and I will not provide any explanation of it, rather, I invite our visitors to verify it on their own. Also, it is a subject that has been favored by several other artists including, in more recent times, Salvador Dali.

Woman at a Window (1822, oil on canvas)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/18/2011 7:30:44 AM

I have much to say about these wonderful images. I promise that I will be back.

Roger

+0
Sam
Sam Sunday

2502 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/20/2011 2:59:57 PM
Miguel, this is absolutely outstanding. Though always thrilled by graphics and arts, I have not really delved much into their historical background.
thank you so very much for introducing us to Caspar David Friedrich and his superb painting.
His concept seems to portray a freer and healthier world!

Thanks for the education.
Now looking forward to more of your presentation.

Sam

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/23/2011 10:58:06 AM
Quote:
Miguel, this is absolutely outstanding. Though always thrilled by graphics and arts, I have not really delved much into their historical background.
thank you so very much for introducing us to Caspar David Friedrich and his superb painting.
His concept seems to portray a freer and healthier world!

Thanks for the education.
Now looking forward to more of your presentation.

Sam

Dear Sam,

How kind of you to come by and post. I very much appreciate the effort because I know you have been terribly occupied of late. On my part, I am sincerely sorry for my delay in replying.

Also, thank you for your kind comments on this thread. Yes, I am very enthusiastic about featuring this great painter, Caspar David Friedrich, and his art, and later today I expect to post yet more extraordinary masterworks by him for your relish and that of our other visitors and friends.

Thanks again,

Miguel

+0