Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Clay Page

94 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
RE: Does anyone have information to share about Fibromyalgia?
7/27/2011 2:28:08 PM

Migraines are severe, painful, sometimes debilitating headaches that often result in nausea, vomiting and sensitivity to light and sound. I think we have all at one time or another experienced these, some more frequently than others.

Migraines usually occur on just one side of the head or transfer from side to side during an episode. An estimated 28 million Americans suffer from migraines. Migraines can occur from once a week to once or twice a year.

The exact cause of migraine is not clear, but some experts believe they are caused by overactive electrical impulses in the brain, leading to increased blood flow, widening of the blood vessels and inflammation. This activates pain signals and other symptoms associated with migraines.

The amino acid tyramine that is in beer, hard cheeses, chocolate, dried meats, soy sauce, fava beans, sardines, yeast and a few other foods should not be consumed in excess because it can increase the frequency of migraines.

The importance of diet and lifestyle cannot be stressed enough. A healthy, whole food diet and regular exercise help to keep your body and mind in great shape so that you can maintain healthy circulation, to all areas, to relieve common tension.

It is also important to eat at regular intervals during the day to sustain healthy levels of sugar in the blood, and to drink plenty of clean water everyday to keep the brain hydrated.

Common symptoms of migraines include a throbbing, pulsating headache that usually occurs on one side of the head; moderate to severe pain intensity that worsens with physical activity; nausea and or vomiting; and sensitivity to light and noise.

Migraine headaches can be prevented by identifying and avoiding activities that trigger them. Get plenty of sleep, eat a healthy diet, learn to manage stress, do not smoke, avoid secondhand smoke and keep a headache diary to help identify triggers.

In women, it is suspected that a fluctuation of hormone levels can be a cause of migraines, as well as lack of sleep, all forms of stress, sun glare, constipation, liver malfunction, allergies, barometric pressure changes, and even low blood sugar, so again eating more often and avoiding skipping meals is a good idea to keep blood sugar levels from spiking.

We have seen incredible results from 5000 research subjects wearing a magnetic therapy device or jewelry around the neck during the day. There are many other benefits from "real" magnetic therapy.

Some recommended nutrients:

Whole Food supplementation- search `whole food` in this site for scientifically studied recommendations

Ginger- to block the formation of prostaglandins that cause inflammation, pain and swelling

Coenzyme Q10 increases blood flow to the brain and improves circulation.

5-HTP increases the body’s production of serotonin.

DMG- a derivative of glycine, improves brain oxygenation and is a building block for hormones, choline, neurotransmitters and more

Essential Fatty Acids found in berried fruits and essential oils are needed for brain cells and for fat metabolism.

Tanecetum parthenium (Feverfew) is a well-known medicinal herb and one of the most widely respected ingredients to support the nervous system and routine blood circulation.

Feverfew contains a range of compounds called sesquiterpene lactones, the principle ingredient being parthenolide. Recent studies suggest that this herb contains supportive properties for the nervous system.

Silybum marianus (Milk Thistle) is frequently recommended to support the liver. Milk Thistle contains a flavonoid complex called silymarin. Silymarin has anti-oxidant properties and can support liver functioning.

This is a crucial component of overall systemic health as the liver is one of the most important organs in the body.

Passiflora is used to support the nervous system. The active ingredients in this herb include flavonoids, cyanogenic glycosides, alkaloids and saparin.

Like St John’s Wort, Passiflora has also stood up well to clinical studies which support its traditional usage as a moderating herb. Warning on St. John's Wort: You should reduce direct contact with the sun when taking St. John's Wort.

Hope this adds to the context being discussed.

Clay Page CLICK HERE
+0
Alan Smith

3 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/31/2011 5:55:25 PM

It has been demonstrated many, many times that no illness can exist in an alkaline body. The American diet is 80% acidic and 20% alkaline. The healing waters in Lourdes, France deliver alkalinity and the body can cure itself of ANYTHING. 37 year old technology enables you to create micro-clustered, alkaline from yoiur tap. Many people suffering from fibromyalgia have benefitted gretly from drinking this healing water.

Sodas, sports drinks and reverse osmosis water compound the health problem

+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/31/2011 7:41:44 PM

Clay,

Thank you for the valuable information on migraines. I get regular migraines as well as ocular migraines. Ocular migraines involve visual disturbance without the pain. When I get one, half of my vision in one eye will be blocked for about half an hour. Sometimes it is followed by a regular painful migraine, but not always.

DonnaZ

+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/31/2011 7:45:51 PM

Alan,

I have heard about the alkaline/acidic affects on our body. Our diets are usually acidic and can offer an environment for various unhealthy conditions.

There are acidic foods/beverages and alkaline foods/beverages. It seems to me that the list of acidic substances is larger than the alkaline substances.

DonnaZ

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!