Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
It's Time Again For The Feature Of The Week aka POTW (23rd Edition)!
12/26/2005 7:02:41 AM
*************************************************************** *************************************************************** Hello Everyone At AdlandPro! It’s time again for my favorite project of the week and that is the Feature of The Week! It is my favorite project because you folks and the POTW’s of the week make it a very special event. We are all so fortunate to be a part of this community that is made up of so many friendly and talented people. Thank you so much for your support and for making this event so special. Love and Blessings to you all! John R. Sanchez The reason the Feature of the Week forum was created was to honor people who have a positive influence on this community. To qualify the person has to be an active member and one who contributes to the positive atmosphere here AdlandPro. Here are the criteria for selecting a member for the Feature of the Week (also referred to as the Person of the Week, POTW). This criterion can be seen at the site below: Criterion How Do I Get Selected as Person of the Week? To be chosen as Person of the week you: • Are highly visible on the community • Are always seen as respectful, professional, and helpful. • Must be nominated for the program by another member of the Community and voted on by other members. ****************************************************************** This week’s POTW winner is a stranger to few his name is Bob Needham. Bob is a good natured and funny individual who always amuses us with his posts. Bob is also becoming well known for his Windfall project, a project he created out of the goodness of his heart. Thank you Bob for blessing our community with your good nature and your sense of humor, and congratulations Bob you are worthy of this weeks POTW award! Enjoy your week! ****************************************************************** Here is Bob’s Bio: Hello all, I am extremely privileged and proud to be selected for this honor, thank you very much. I sat down at the keyboard to compose this and found it’s difficult to do. So first let me say congratulations to all the previous winners for their skills in relating interesting and compelling biographies. My background is rather uneventful; in fact everything about me is rather mundane. I was born and raised in High River, Alberta, (that’s in Canada, for all you global visitors). I am number three of a family of eight kids, with loving parents that continue to encourage us in every way. My school years were a blast, capped by a six-month odyssey to Australia, and New Zealand after graduation in 1976. My working life has been varied, from working on the oil rigs in Northern Alberta, to selling encyclopedias door to door. In 1984, I was working in Quebec, for a Calgary company, working on the Trans-Canada pipeline. In one of the many little towns we went through, Cupid took aim and hit me straight though the heart. After the project was complete I pleaded with Francine to come back to Alberta with me, and to my amazement, she did. We spent a couple years in Calgary and then moved to Montreal to pursue her recording career. I worked with her for a number of years as manager, roadie, lightman, chauffeur, bottle washer, etc. She was reasonably successful, (locally), and launched her first cd in 1992. She continues to write for other artists, and has songs all over the francophone world. Here is a song from her cd, just click on the Audio track 03 link. We have a son, Sam, who will be 11 on Tuesday. He’s a great kid. Perfectly bilingual, French and English, and, I’m proud to say, just won a spelling bee at his school. I taught him “epexegesis”! Currently, I am the manager of a cemetery in Montreal, (that surprised you, didn’t it?) I lead a sales force that concentrates on having people put things in place before the need arises… talk about a tough sell! I am fortunate to have a good team, for a good company, and I have no complaints. Life is good! I have been dabbling on the net for about a year because I find it represents a challenge, at first I thought that it would be a goldmine of untapped wealth, that I just had to log in and soon my account would be overflowing with riches. Boy was I wrong… but I am having fun and I am making money, every month a little more than the month before. This community is the best "side effect" I found with my net experience. So why am I the POTW? Well, I have made some good friends here, this is truly a wonderful and diverse crowd, with lots of good advice, helpful and smart Advisors, and witty and clever people. Nine weeks ago, I responded to a member’s plea for help. I came to realize that there are many in our community that could use some financial help, not empty promises of mega riches, not ground floor opportunities… just some cash to get over a hump… an unexpected windfall. And so it was born. It’s for AdLand members only. Come on over and get in the Windfall. Thanks so much everyone, and as 2006 rumbles in I wish prosperity and happiness to each and every one of you. Bob p.s. A random thought occurred to me; Bo was last week’s winner, Bob is this week’s winner, any chance there is a Bobo on AdLand? ****************************************************************** Well, there you have it; I told you he is funny. Please show Bob how much we appreciate him. Congratulations again Bob! :-) Love and blessings to you all! :-) John Sanchez ****************************************************************** ******************************************************************
+0
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: It's Time Again For The Feature Of The Week aka POTW (23rd Edition)!
12/26/2005 7:28:19 AM
CONGRATULATIONS BOB!!JOB WELL DONE!! As far as a BOBO, perhaps there is one! Adland is a great community and I am glad that Bob has found success here.I am also proud to be a part of it. Thanks John again for all your work in here. God bless you Both! Carla
Glad to make your acquaintance! Carla Carey
+0
12/26/2005 7:40:15 AM
Hello Bob! Hey, I enjoyed Francine's song, she has a beautiful voice. I didn't understand it but it's a catchy tune. I felt like I was in a cozy club in Paris, France. :-) By the way, the photo of High River reminds me of the small western towns we have here in the foothills of California. You must have had a pleasant childhood growing up in that area. I grew up in the country and had a lot of room to run around. A lot of fresh air and a peaceful atmosphere. I was raised around fields of delicious vegetables and orchards of fruit and nut trees. It was a real wholesome enviroment. I have some pleasant memories. :-) Have fun this week Bob! 8) John Forums Gdw Amb Frm Power Members POTW Nomination’s Forum
+0
Angela Cardwell

819 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
12/26/2005 8:22:13 AM
Congratulations Bob! You certainly deserve the honor.... Keep up the good work with Adland Windfall, I hope to see many more joining. Your Friend, Angela
Earn Money Shopping OnlineIt's free, simple and secure.
+0
Bob
Bob Needham

115 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
12/26/2005 9:23:37 AM
This is a fabulous Christmas gift. Thank you John for all the work you do putting this on each week. I'm glad you liked Francine's song. Carla, you win the prize for "First to post" thank you for your warm wishes. With a name like yours, you should be in the Windfall! Angela, Thank you for being a supportive friend. I appreciate you! Have a great 2006! (Angela was the week 7 Windfall winner.) All the best. Bob
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!