Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Symptoms and Treatment for Pets Suffeing with Arthritis
8/31/2010 11:48:08 AM

Fellow Adlanders, I have created a forum thread dedicated to listing tips to help our furry friends. Tips for Pets with Arthritis.

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/post/2417104/TipsforPetswithJointPain.aspx?flag=2mahofst

That will be a list of ideas. All other posts will be deleted and posters sent here.

This forum will still be our discussion page.. Come and share your ideas so that our furry friends can have quality of life. After all they contribute to our health and welfare.

+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/2/2010 1:16:09 PM
My 13 year old Staffordshire is suffering from Arthur too, liquid glucosimine helped for a bit but he has torn some ligaments in his knee and its hard to keep him inactive so he doesn't re-injures his knee. Unfortunately, he starts to feel good gets excited at a chance to play with the neighborhood dogs. This last go round I think he injured his hip. In his youth he loved to play Frisbee, now he doesn't understand why we take his cloth and rubber Frisbees away from him.

Took him to the doctor and the cure is an operation a major expense. We chose not to opt for the surgery not because of the expense but because the vet says that at his age may not recover and could have other complications. So we keep him comfortably numb and inactive.

I know the day is coming when we must do the humane thing for him. But, the thought of this very difficult to deal with. He is so smart, intuitive and everyone's best friend. Unfortunately, I know I will have to be the one to take him in when the wife and kids are away.

On his bad days the wife cries to see him hobbling around, tail wagging with his Frisbee in his mouth. He doesn't understand why he cannot play.

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/3/2010 6:15:14 PM

Jim, you might check out my site: http://www.pandalady.net. Most products have 2-4 ingredients but synflex america has 12. Pet forumula adds a litle beef flavor and is liquid for easy administration and absorbtion.

We all grieve with you as you try to make you little guy comfortable and give some quality of life to him.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!