Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
RE: Broccoli and Everything Salad
11/18/2010 1:35:34 AM
thanks for this recipe. i love salad
Advertise your offer to 1,398,100 prospects for Free. Check out this FREE service! http://leadsleap.com/go/37007
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/19/2010 7:01:03 AM

Thanks for stopping by the recipe exchange, Kirk. Please feel free to post any good recipes.

DonnaZ

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/19/2010 11:27:11 PM

Hi Donna,

As you know, I love getting creative and trying new things. I must also admit that I absolutely adore everything from the Panera Bread company. I had the pleasure of tasting their newest seasonal selection, an Orchard Harvest Chicken Salad. It was so delicious, that I couldn’t resist creating my own version at home. This perfectly-autumn salad features crisp spring greens topped with bites of fresh pear, dried cherries, crunchy pecans, gorgonzola crumbles, and chicken; all tossed in a delicious cherry-balsamic vinaigrette.

Since I’m not privy to Panera’s salad dressing recipes, I had to improvise. I started with a basic blend of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. 100% Black Cherry Juice, found in the organic section of my grocery store, worked well for the cherry flavor. Some finely diced shallot, touch of garlic, salt, and pepper completed the sweet and tangy dressing. My result may not be identical to Panera’s, but it is fresh, delicious, and works wonderfully with the other ingredients in the salad!

Autumn Harvest Salad

Cherry-Balsamic Vinaigrette

Ingredients

1/4 cup Olive Oil
1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 cup Cherry Juice
1 Shallot, finely diced
1/2 tsp Garlic, minced
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper

Directions

Combine all ingredients in a container with a tight-fitting lid. Shake vigorously, until well combined.

To assemble the salad, toss mixed spring greens in a small amount of cherry-balsamic vinaigrette. Top the dressed greens with small pieces of chopped pear, dried cherries, chopped pecans, and gorgonzola crumbles. To prevent the pears from browning, toss the chopped pieces in a bit of lemon juice. If desired, add some chopped pieces of cooked chicken to the salad. I use chicken tenderloins, baked for 15 minutes in a 400 degrees oven.

Have A Terrific Thanksgiving My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/20/2010 4:48:20 AM

That recipe sounds great, Phil. I love salads and especially chicken salad. I didn't know that Panera bread has salad now. I stopped by one in my area when it first opened a couple of years ago, saw it only had sandwiches, and left. I will give it a try again because of your recommendation.

What do you plan on making for the Thanksgiving meal? I ordered a family meal from Bob Evans but am also making a turkey breast, stuffing, deviled eggs, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, corn casserole, and a couple other dishes I am sure to add at the last minute.

DonnaZ

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/21/2010 12:33:50 AM

Hi Donna,

Yes, Panera has wonderful Salads and some delicious Soups, especially their Broccoli & Cheddar, to go along with those Mouth watering Sandwiches. I have always loved Panera Breads, and now that a Good Friend of mine owns & operates the location in High Point, I have become addicted, at least once or twice per week.

I had always been partial to their Greek Salad, but I think that the Orchard Harvest has now replaced it as my favorite. If you are still eating Beef, they also have a Chili and Cornbread Combo, that I'm told is out of this world. I can personally vouch for the Corn Bread. It melts in your mouth.

Believe it or not, I'm not cooking this Thanksgiving. I've been invited to my Brother's house for Thanksgiving, so I'm being treated. Of course, I'll still make the Cranberry Sauce and a couple of Desserts, but for the most part, I'm just going to enjoy some Good Food that someone else is cooking for a change.

If you would like an idea of a normal Thanksgiving around my house, I've started another Thread over at Papa's Kitchen for a Traditional Thanksgiving Dinner. Hope you'll click above and stop by to visit. Please feel free to share some of your Family's favorites. Just like at home, I always love it when Friends stop by to call.

Have A Blessed & Beautiful Thanksgiving My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!