Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: The Lady's Cheesy Mac
7/27/2010 6:04:37 PM

Hi Donna, Myrna, & Friends,

Myrna, so glad you liked the recipe. I've always been partial to Eggplant, I love it fixed many different ways, and it's healthy as well.

Unfortunately, I have a couple of Friends, one in particular, who due to certain food allergies, Celiac Disease for one, cannot enjoy this or any of my Italian favorites. Fortunately, I've found several alternatives that everyone can enjoy. I've just posted just one such a Recipe, Vegan Eggplant Parmesan, over at Papa's Kitchen. Hope everyone will check it out when you have a chance.

Have A Great Week My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/27/2010 10:56:45 PM

Myrna,

I love Paula Deen too. I enjoy her shows on the cooking channel as well as her cookbooks. She has a good sense of humor and certainly has lots of ideas about food. Yes, she loves her butter! So do I, sigh.

DonnaZ

+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/27/2010 10:59:29 PM

Hi Sara,

I am lactose intolerant so am looking for mac and cheese recipes that don't use much milk. I can tolerate cheese but not milk.

Yes, Paula is pretty, funny, and has lots of good food tips.

DonnaZ

+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/27/2010 11:01:05 PM

Phil,

I only tried an eggplant recipe once and didn't like it. This one does sound tasty though. Thanks for sharing.

DonnaZ

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/27/2010 11:14:40 PM

Hi Donna,

If you'll check my previous note to Myrna, my friend not only has been diagnosed with Celiac, she is also lactose intolerant as well. Here's the cheese sauce portion of the recipe which I mentioned that is posted over at Papa's Kitchen, so this might help you as well to try with your Mac & Cheese.

Vegan Cheese Sauce:

• ½ cup extra-firm silken gluten-free tofu
  • ½ cup unsweetened soy milk
  • ½ cup vegetable broth
  • 2 tablespoons cashew butter or tahini
  • 1 teaspoons onion powder
  • 1 ½ tablespoons nutritional yeast
  • 2 teaspoon arrowroot or cornstarch
  • ½ teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
  • Pinch white pepper

Not sure how this would be with Mac & Cheese, but it might be worth a try, if you're okay with Soy Milk.

Hope this helps.

Have A Happy Week My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!