Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Forum Informum - Feedback for Business and Pleasure
7/23/2010 1:23:48 PM
My request for Bogdan is to have the search forum feature added back.

We used to be able to search individual posts and topics in individual forums. Now the only way is to search all forums which is a bear to find particular posts from the past for references. It would be nice to search individual forums for past posts instead of all forums.

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Chat
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/23/2010 1:53:28 PM
Quote:

Just to make it easier,

I repeat the question here.

Today's question for Bogdan or Admin technical.

No posting editor platform is perfect. You will know that a new editor was introduced which was loved by some but hated by others. The present replacement is good but not perfect. Most of the problems are annoying more than serious. However, there are those who really struggle, maybe it is their formatting. It really is important because frustration leads to quitting by some.

The question is this. No complicated requests for change, just a simple...............

(Q) When we have an editor, is it POSSIBLE to make changes or do you get what the programme brings?

Hi Roger,

Both editors, the one we have now and the one we had before are the two most popular third party add-ons and are used very commonly on the Internet, the same way as here. There is not much we can do with this without reprogramming the whole thing.

The problems most of the time people have are due to copying an pasting. If they create content using the editor from scratch there are few problems.

To give you short answer. It is not easy to reprogram it without purchasing the source code and even then there will be issues as internet is evolving and continually new features are being added to the browsers and new browsers are introduced to the markets, which editor not necessarily takes into account. Not all browsers support standards in the uniform ways.

Bogdan
Be a victor not a victim. Simply be responsible for what happensin your life.
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn | Tumblr | My Blog

+0
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Chat
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/23/2010 1:54:29 PM
Quote:

Bogdan,

Bill has set up a great new forum where folk can post there e-books.

(Q) Is the OLD Adland library available anywhere still?

Roger

Hello Roger,

What do you mean by Old Adland library?

Bogdan
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

+0
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Chat
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/23/2010 2:00:52 PM
Quote:

Hello Bogdan and Roger,

I have a question about messages in our inboxes. For some reason, I keep getting messages that were sent in March 2010 and since I keep all my messages now, to delete them, I have to slowly go back to about page 30! Is there any other way to do this than go 2 pages back each time until I get to 30?

Just annoying and time-consuming is all.

Thanks,

Sara

Hello Sara,

I'm not quite sure how this is happening.
This might be due to direct messages sent by Adlander Plus or Adlanders.
Those messages are sent to the inboxes and only released when user is loggin in.

If you are not using the account regularly, those messages will be accumulating as the only one (recent) message is taken from the queue and rest is waiting till you login next time so the message can be displayed to you on the splash screen.

I don't think this is the problem which affects active account in any serious manner.
If you want to ensure that your account (I believe this might be due to some special account you have) doesn't have old messages, just log in and log out several times in the row to clear up the queue of messages waiting for you.

Bogdan

+0
7/23/2010 2:08:11 PM

Thank you Bogdan, I believe they are targeted messages but as you know I am very active here! I will do as you say and log off and on again several times and hopefully clear those things!

This is great, thanks to you and Roger!

Sara

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!