Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
One Light Bulb at a Time
7/15/2010 12:39:40 AM

One Light Bulb at a Time

A physics teacher in high school, once told the students that while one grasshopper on the railroad tracks wouldn't slow a train very much, a billion of them would. With that thought in mind, read the following, obviously written by a good American ..

Good idea .. . . one light bulb at a time . . . .

Check this out . I can verify this because I was in Lowe's the other day for some reason and just for the heck of it I was looking at the hose attachments. They were all made in China . The next day I was in Ace Hardware and just for the heck of it I checked the hose attachments there. They were made in USA .

Start looking ..

In our current economic situation, every little thing we buy or do affects someone else - even their job. So, after reading this email, I think this lady is on the right track. Let's get behind her!

My grandson likes Hershey's candy. I noticed, though, that it is marked made in Mexico now. I do not buy it any more.

My favorite toothpaste Colgate is made in Mexico ... now I have switched to Crest. You have to read the labels on everything .

This past weekend I was at Kroger. I needed 60 W light bulbs and Bounce dryer sheets. I was in the light bulb aisle, and right next to the GE brand I normally buy was an off-brand labeled, "Everyday Value." I picked up both types of

bulbs and compared the stats - they were the same except for the price.. The GE bulbs were more money than the Everyday Value brand but the thing that surprised me the most was the fact that GE was made in MEXICO and the Everyday Value brand was made in - get ready for this - the USA in a company in Cleveland , Ohio . So throw out the myth that you cannot find products you use every day that are made right here..

So on to another aisle - Bounce Dryer Sheets....yep, you guessed it, Bounce cost more money and is made in Canada . The Everyday Value brand was less money and MADE IN THE USA! I did laundry yesterdayand the dryer sheets performed just like the Bounce Free I have been using for years and at almost half the price!

My challenge to you is to start reading the labels when you shop for everyday things and see what you can find that is made in the USA - the job you save may be your own or your neighbors!

If you accept the challenge, pass this on to others in your address book so we can all start buying American, one light bulb at a time!

Stop buying from overseas companies! (We should have awakened a decade ago) Let's get with the program.....help our fellow Americans keep their jobs and create more jobs here in the USA I Passed this on ........ will you???????

--
God Bless You,
Mahlon Grube
http://www.BestJerkyEver.com
Have a Great Day, unless you've made other plans!
+0
RE: One Light Bulb at a Time
7/15/2010 1:16:25 AM

Great Post

That's how it should be !!!!!

Thanks

Chris

Take Care of Your Health with AmericanDreamNutrition's ***** You can be a Distributor or http://www.besthealthmarketing.com *****Just for YOU ~ It's your turn for success! Start offering Free Bottles to everyone you know, MAKE IT HAPPEN ~ http://www.start.freethinmagic.com ***** TalkFusion By Alexa #1 Business Opportunity in the world! TF "The World's 1st & Only INSTANT PAY Global Comp Plan!*****http://1379497.talkfusion.com/opportunity/ **** http://www.TourTalkFusion.com/1379497 ***** I'm looking for people who are ready to make a Lifestyle change! Please contact me for your questions ~ Chris
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/15/2010 1:18:01 AM
I am with you Linda. Maybe a little ahead ;-)

Made in the USA!

Quote:

One Light Bulb at a Time

A physics teacher in high school, once told the students that while one grasshopper on the railroad tracks wouldn't slow a train very much, a billion of them would. With that thought in mind, read the following, obviously written by a good American ..

Good idea .. . . one light bulb at a time . . . .

Check this out . I can verify this because I was in Lowe's the other day for some reason and just for the heck of it I was looking at the hose attachments. They were all made in China . The next day I was in Ace Hardware and just for the heck of it I checked the hose attachments there. They were made in USA .

Start looking ..

In our current economic situation, every little thing we buy or do affects someone else - even their job. So, after reading this email, I think this lady is on the right track. Let's get behind her!

My grandson likes Hershey's candy. I noticed, though, that it is marked made in Mexico now. I do not buy it any more.

My favorite toothpaste Colgate is made in Mexico ... now I have switched to Crest. You have to read the labels on everything .

This past weekend I was at Kroger. I needed 60 W light bulbs and Bounce dryer sheets. I was in the light bulb aisle, and right next to the GE brand I normally buy was an off-brand labeled, "Everyday Value." I picked up both types of

bulbs and compared the stats - they were the same except for the price.. The GE bulbs were more money than the Everyday Value brand but the thing that surprised me the most was the fact that GE was made in MEXICO and the Everyday Value brand was made in - get ready for this - the USA in a company in Cleveland , Ohio . So throw out the myth that you cannot find products you use every day that are made right here..

So on to another aisle - Bounce Dryer Sheets....yep, you guessed it, Bounce cost more money and is made in Canada . The Everyday Value brand was less money and MADE IN THE USA! I did laundry yesterdayand the dryer sheets performed just like the Bounce Free I have been using for years and at almost half the price!

My challenge to you is to start reading the labels when you shop for everyday things and see what you can find that is made in the USA - the job you save may be your own or your neighbors!

If you accept the challenge, pass this on to others in your address book so we can all start buying American, one light bulb at a time!

Stop buying from overseas companies! (We should have awakened a decade ago) Let's get with the program.....help our fellow Americans keep their jobs and create more jobs here in the USA I Passed this on ........ will you???????

--
God Bless You,
Mahlon Grube
http://www.BestJerkyEver.com
Have a Great Day, unless you've made other plans!

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/15/2010 2:00:04 AM
We are losing our life style ! We are losing our Country !

by buying things from all these other countries ... I am getting obsessive about reading labels.

We got new uniform shirts this month ... guess what not made in USA ... made in Haiti ...

I have picked up several things recently that said made in CANADA ???? Canada has very obnoxious restrictions about anything imported from other countries ... but they can export to us ...

I don't want anything from Mexico ... unless it is something original of theirs like that drink that starts with a J ??? Jarmel or something my son buys occasionally ...that I don't mind but WTF our Hersey Candy Bars !
Who wants OUR FAMOUS CANDY being made in Mexico !

I get my Gas from Walmart which has Arkansas gas Murphy Oil .... but I hardly shop at Walmart anymore ... I do HEB Groceries ... who are TEXAS proud .. it is a riot !

Linda
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/15/2010 2:01:05 AM
Made in USA ! Most of us can read ... we just need to and pay attention to where our money is going ! And what quality we buy !
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!