Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Quick and Easy Sloppy Joes
5/23/2010 5:12:09 AM

This is a quick but delicious recipe I make occasionally. It does have a lot of calories so that is why I don't make it more often, but every now and then I have an urge for this.

Quick and Easy Sloppy Joes

1 1/2-2 pounds lean ground beef

1 small bottle KC Masterpiece Original BBQ sauce

1 small bottle ketchup

1 package hamburger buns

Instructions:

Brown the ground beef in a frying pan, then drain off as much grease as possible. Use paper towels to get off the remaining grease.

Put the drained ground beef back in the frying pan. Add a blend of KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce and ketchup, stirring together. Add as much or little as you want, to taste.

Place in toasted hamburger buns and enjoy!

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Quick and Easy Sloppy Joes
5/23/2010 6:00:00 PM

Hi Donna,

I try very hard to stay away from Red Meat, however I must admit that Sloppy Joes are still an occasional weakness of mine. These sounds absolutely delicious.

Here's a little something you might want to try along with them next time you fix them...

Oven-fried Potato Chips Recipe

This simple oven-fried potatoes recipe came from a 1985 issue of Gourmet Magazine. These crispy thin potato slices are just divine. They're called potato chips because they taste like the best potato chips you'll ever have, but I suspect that one might not classify them as a chip given their 1/8 inch thickness. In any case, they are really really good, and like anything really really good, they probably shouldn't be eaten more than once or twice a month.

Ingredients
  • 4 russet (baking) potatoes, peeled and sliced diagonally 1/8 inch thick
  • 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) of butter, melted
  • Coarse salt to taste
Pat the potatoes dry between paper towels and arrange them in one layer in 2 buttered cookie sheets pans. Brush the potatoes with the butter, bake them in a preheated 500°F oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. Sprinkle them with the salt. Serves 4
Have A Blessed Week,
Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
5/23/2010 6:53:46 PM

Donna and Phil, here I am smelling the food Wilson is eating and now see your recipes, my brain is screaming FOOD! I will try to come back later and post the recipe for the dish I fixed the guys last night. It still smells very good today and I am going to have some more!

Thanks for the forum, Donna.

Sara

+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/24/2010 5:38:03 AM
mmm sounds delicious !
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/26/2010 3:42:52 AM

I am going to try that recipe, Phil. Last weekend my grandson and I made fried potatoes in the skillet, but they took forever to get done. We sliced the potatoes very thin, then cooked them in vegetable oil. Later I saw a recipe that indicated you should boil them in water first, then finish them in the skillet. Your recipe for potato chips sounds simpler and faster. Both of my grandchildren love chips, so I will try the recipe and see if it suits two fussy teenagers!

DonnaZ

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!