Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Chicken Salad
4/30/2010 12:22:52 AM

Hi Donna,

I know exactly what you mean. Even as much as I love my Fruits and Vegetables, it's hard to eat what I am supposed to have each day. I have found at least a partial solution however. I include low-sodium V8 100% Vegetable Juice and/or V8 V-Fusion in my diet every day.

Most V8 100% Vegetable Juices contain only 50 calories, are naturally fat-free, and have 1/2 the carbs of orange juice, 10 grams per 8 oz glass, as opposed to 25 grams per 8 oz glass of OJ. Every 8-ounce glass also provides (2) 1/2 cup servings of vegetables, and a 12 oz glass provides (3) ½ cup servings. As you know, the Daily Suggested Recommendations are for at least 2 ½ cups of a variety of Vegetables for a 2,000 calorie diet, according to the USDA MyPyramid.

Speaking of all of those Fruits however, there is also a solution. V8 V-Fusion, contains the juice of from 6-10 vegetables and fruits in each 8 oz serving. In addition, V8 V-Fusion is naturally low in sodium, and also contains NO added sugar and NO high fructose corn syrup. Speaking from personal experience, it's delicious. Personally, I love the Peach Mango and the Pomegranate Blueberry.

I love V8 Juice so much that I even use it in Recipes quite often. Here's one you might like to try...

Italian-Style Rice & Vegetables

Ingredients:

1 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
4 cups V8® 100% Vegetable Juice (Regular or Low Sodium)
1 tsp. dried basil leaves, crushed
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables

Directions:

Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the rice and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.

Stir the vegetable juice, basil and garlic powder in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.

Stir in the vegetables. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the rice and vegetables are tender.

Tip: This recipe is delicious as a side dish or wrapped with chicken and cheese in a burrito.

Have A Terrific Weekend My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/30/2010 9:04:24 PM

Phil,

You are so creative, my friend. I would never have thought of using the V8 juice for cooking. That is a good way to add nutrients to your dish.

I try to avoid products with high fructose corn syrup, too. It is so difficult to find products without that or sugar or artificial sweetener. I prefer the natural state of foods/drinks without additives such as sweeteners.

DonnaZ

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/30/2010 9:17:23 PM

Hi Donna,

I don't now about Creative, but I'm definitely Inquisitive. If there's a Website address listed on whatever product that I may be consuming, you can rest asured that I'm gonna check it for recipes.

Check out http://v8juice.com and http://campbellsv8soup.com and click on Recipes. You'll see what I mean. Yummy!!!

Have A Super Weekend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/1/2010 12:40:12 AM
Hi Donna,

We will have to make Phil our Mr Recipe. Because if you need a food of any kind, see Phil. He will get you an answer.

Phil, you are appreciate, big time.

Hugs,
Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/2/2010 5:03:56 AM
Hi Phil,

Well, I just signed up for the newsletter with recipes from Campbell Soup and V-8. Thanks for the links! I love new recipes.

DonnaZ
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!