Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Chicken Salad
4/27/2010 4:30:09 AM

There are a large variety of chicken salad recipes. This one sounds tasty as well as healthy, with less mayonnaise than a lot of the recipes. I do not buy chicken salad from a deli or a restaurant because it is always saturated with way too much mayonnaise.

Chicken Salad

2 cups chopped cooked chicken from skinless, boneless chicken breasts

1/4 cup light mayonnaise

1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt (or plain yogurt)

3 teaspoons curry powder

2 teaspoons grated lime peel (could substitute lemon peel)

1/4 cup fresh lime or lemon juice

2 cups chopped celery

1 cup chopped onion

Instructions:

In a large mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, curry powder, lime or lemon peel and lime or lemon juice. Mix well. This forms the dressing.

Stir in the chicken .

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Chicken Salad
4/27/2010 9:02:16 PM
Hi Donna,

You are right that does sound good. Celery and onions just make it so good and this one has a lot of celery and onions

Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/27/2010 9:16:53 PM

Hi Donna,

Thanks my Friend. Finally, now I have a really good homemade Chicken Salad recipe. I haven't been very happy with any that I've tried but this sounds delicious, and it seems remarkably easy to make. I agree with with your dislike for store bought Chicken Salad, not only because of the Mayo, but also for the Sugar and the Salt as well.

Here's a quick Whole Wheat Bread recipe if you're hankering for sandwiches,

Easy Whole Wheat Bread

Ingredients

• 3/4 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
  • 1 tablespoon powdered egg substitute (optional)
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 2 tablespoons sugar(Splenda)
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup bread flour
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 teaspoon rapid rise yeast

Directions

1. Dissolve egg substitute in warm water. Place all ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select Whole Wheat cycle and Regular bake time; press Start.
  2. After 5 minutes, check how the dough is kneading, it may need either 1 tablespoon of flour or 1 tablespoon of water, depending on the consistency. Once the bread is done, allow it time to cool on a wire rack before cutting.

or you can do it like I do, just a scoop of Chicken Salad, with a scoop of low-fat Cottage Cheese and some Fruit. Of course, I add my Nutty Crackers as well.

Have A Great Evening My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/28/2010 11:09:02 PM

Hi Myrna,

I need to increase my intake of vegetables. I went to a nurse practitioner today for an infection and she said we should eat 9 servings of fruit and vegetables every day. She said half of your plate should have fruits/vegetables. I am afraid I have a long way to go to get that many in my diet daily!

DonnaZ

+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/28/2010 11:11:38 PM

Hi Phil,

I haven't used my bread machine in a long time. Your recipe will be a good one to try out. Hopefully my bread machine still works!

DonnaZ

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!