Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Papas Kitchen
2/26/2010 3:22:03 AM
Ha ha I have always loved to make chili ! love eating it too !

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/26/2010 3:47:56 AM

Hi Roger,

Once you get the hang of it, the Pasta Machine is a breeze to operate. Kind of like a Bread Machine, didn't like it at first, now I love it. I prefer to make Whole Grain Pasta because it's healthier, or so they say.

My wife, the Italian, loved to put Garlic in everything. Even had Garlic in my Eggs at Breakfast. One thing about it though, no problems with my Blood Pressure back then. Since my health problems, I've started growing all of my own Herbs at home again. Trying to eat healthier. Got a couple of AeroGardens on the counter tops back in my Sun Room. Loving it so far.

Rest Well My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/26/2010 3:56:30 AM

Hi Linda,

So glad you stopped by to visit. Love the idea of making my Spaghetti up ahead of time. I love to Cook, love to Eat, but had to do dishes. Rather have them out of the way ahead of time. Thank Heavens for Dawn though, Did you know that they actually clean the Birds from the Oil Spills with Dawn? Great Stuff!

Great to see that you're still involved with saving money on healthy fod. First time we met, it was the WholeFoodFarmacy, and now you've moved on to Harvest America. Sounds great, wishing you nothing but success.

Have A Terrific Night My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/26/2010 4:14:46 AM

Hi Mark,

Sounds delicious, but are you the Chili Cooker or is Shelley? I've been out to Oklahoma a few times for the PrePaid Conventions and I happen to know there are some good Chili Cooks out there. I've always cooked most of the meals. Don't know if my wives didn't know how to cook or just were happy to let me do it. Either way it was alright with me.

I used to love Chili, and I still take a teaspoon of Cayenne daily for Circulation and Hypertension, however since I swore off of Red Meat, I make White Chili now, with Chicken instead of Beef.

You might want to try it, it's delicious...

White Chili Recipe

Ingredients

• 1 lb large white beans, soaked overnight in water, drained
  • 6 cups chicken broth
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 medium onions, chopped (divided)
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil
  • 2 4-ounce cans chopped green chilies
  • 2 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
  • 1/4 tsp ground cloves
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 4 cups diced cooked chicken
  • 3 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
  • 1 jalapeno or serrano pepper, chopped (optional)

1 Combine beans, chicken broth, garlic and half the onions in a large soup pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until beans are very soft, 3 hours or more. Add additional water (or watered-down broth), if necessary.

2 In a skillet, sauté remaining onions in oil until tender. Add chilies and seasonings and mix thoroughly. Add to bean mixture. Add chicken and continue to simmer 1 hour. Check seasoning, add jalapeno or serrano to level of desired hotness.

3 Serve topped with grated cheese. Garnish with cilantro, chopped fresh tomato, salsa, chopped scallions, and/or guacamole. Serve with fresh warmed flour tortillas or tortilla chips.

8-10 servings

For the version pictured above, I used canelli beans instead of Great Northern, which cook up faster than the 3 hours called for in the recipe. Also, I added some jalapeno pepper for more heat. The base recipe is tasty, but like most white chilis, a little mild.

Have A Fantastic Evening MY Friends,

Phil

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/26/2010 4:20:01 AM

Hi Linda,

Good to see that you're still here. Maybe I can mix up a pot of White Chili, and we can make some Cracklin' Corn Bread, and have ourselves a good old time.

Be Blessed My Friend,

Phil

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!