Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: POTW Eligible Member Suggestions
2/11/2013 9:19:46 AM
i agree with these statements also. i don't want campaigning. i dont have time and can't type etc. i would just hope election would be done without contacting whole lists of people. i might put on my facebook wall or a thread here but that would be it. i want to see participation.

maybe relax the rules a little? i don't have answer.
please though.. let's continue talking this thru. something will be decided i am sure!!

pat

Quote:
Hi Friends and POTW, Please take my name off the nominees list. I still would like to see some of my friends win. I will be honest and tell you that I don't like the elections. Some will actively campaign for someone and try to keep the others from winning on the poll. Just my opinion. But I will be happy to continue participating and greeting friends who have won. Cheers, Nellie
I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+1
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/11/2013 6:55:52 PM
Hello Diane and ALP Folks,

I am doing well, had a few offline things to get done plus its time to be planting here in Florida, so that backyard garden is starting to shape up a little. Got the compost pit moved and refreshed with leaves and goodies from the table so far so that will help later in the year to refresh the soil in the garden.

I understand the privacy issues and the main reasons for the auto settings. I also understand, the fact that new folks are still finding their way around ALP. Personally I think the new social features, the thumbs up, and the future contests that will surround these features as Bogdan, discusses will create more interaction among the members.
many folks come here strictly for the classifieds, or other advertising venues offered via ALP. Very few see the social benefits and SEO benefits that were in the past huge. I see these heading into a positive direction too.

As seen within this thread many prefer not to participate or are not happy with the election atmosphere as it creates competition. Creating alliances and campaigning.

I know of few if any community clubs that do not incur competition of some form or other. Whether you are seeking likes, or vote for officer or chair position in a club, humans compete it is nature and also creates harmony. When seen in the proper light and done in the proper spirit. IMHO

Jim

Quote:
and a top of the afternoon to you Jim :-)

You have made a valid point and maybe an even more interesting observation and that is people accepting friend requests.

I am all for picking and choosing and I am all for being selective, but I will also say that it helps to accept friend requests especially if you are in business and are wanting people to see you, what you are doing and maybe even how to do it.

I am hoping that people will come in and think about how they are doing things and learn..so thanks for raising this point.

As for everything else.. lets see what happens..for now?

How the heck are you by the way?

Diane

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+1
2/20/2013 3:46:15 PM
There are a ton of great suggestions in this thread / forum as well as other places around ALP. I agree that there are a lot of other wonderful folks who deserve to be in the running. I'm fine with going ahead and leaving my name in the hat. Some people don't care for this type of thing however if I'm being honest then it is actually one of the biggest reasons why I love Adlandpro so much as this is very exciting, and of course I enjoy the friendships, chance to post ads & non-ads, etc. Keep up the fantastic work everyone, Steve
P.S. The future is very bright here at ALP & around the world too...

Adlandpro is one of my fave sites as the people are fanta-bulous, the networking is great, having a place to share ads and info rocks! For over 20 years now I've been part of a huge T.E.A.M., where "Together Everyone Achieves More." Our dreams and goals are to help as many folks succeed as possible no matter what occupation or biz you are in. I have 3 main blogs or websites, including expertise in blogging, forums, communities, network marketing, social networking, advertising, lead generation, SEO & more. Love connecting with like-minded individuals. Thanks so much, Mark Stephen Hauser of http://www.facebook.com/martinezshopper and my main blog https://martinezshopperdotws.blogspot.com/
+0
3/6/2013 10:17:24 PM

The POTW Team works very hard to keep this weekly community activity going and it is a challenge for long-time community members to engage with newer community members.

I have not been very active for addressing muliple-medical issues. I am doing okay and am looking forward to much improvement after my next surgery. In the meantime, ... will do what I can to continue promoting this wonderful business networking community.

Kudos POTW Team

Good Job POTW Team

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!