Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: In Honor of The Person Who Makes Christmas What It Is!
12/22/2009 5:16:05 PM

Hi Cheryl,

At this happiest time of year, a time when we can Celebrate with our Family and Friends in the safety and security of our homes, may we never forget those brave men & women who put their lives on the line that we may Celebrate in Peace.

separator.jpg (9612 bytes)

Belleau Wood

Oh, the snowflakes fell in silence
over Belleau Wood that night
For a Christmas truce had been declared

By both sides of the fight
As we lay there in our trenches
The silence broke in two
By a German soldier singing
A song that we all knew

Though I did not know the language
The song was "Silent Night"
Then I heard my buddy whisper,
"All is calm and all is bright"
Then the fear and doubt surrounded me
"Cause I'd die if I was wrong
But I stood up in my trench And

I began to sing along

Then across the frozen battlefield
Anothers voice joined in
Until one by one each man became
A singer of the hymn

Then I thought that I was dreaming
For right there in my sight
Stood the German soldier
'Neath the falling flakes of white
And he raised his hand and smiled at me
As if he seemed to say
Here's hoping we both live
To see us find a better way

Then the devil's clock struck midnight
And the skies lit up again
And the battlefield where heaven stood
Was blown to hell again

But for just one fleeting moment
The answer seemed so clear
Heaven's not beyond the clouds
It's just beyond the fear

No, heaven's not beyond the clouds
It's for us to find it here

separator.jpg (9612 bytes)

(Please Click Below And Help A Soldier Phone Home)

Have A Blessed & Beautiful Christmas,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/23/2009 9:38:09 PM

Wow Cheryl what a celebration! rabbi Jesus is the reason...for the season and with so many of you posting here it sure makes it so much more wonderful. Thanks for the invite!

For 12 years baby Jesus was raised by Mary and Joseph and somewhere in between his journey he began teaching and doing odd jobs here and there , he got his carpenter skills from Joseph and when it was time to commit full time in his ministry at age 30 he had a great following of 12 awesome disciples ,some were hard to get a long with lol but never the less they became the pioneers of Christianity 1st century church.

God loved us so that he gave his one and only son up for us , the greatest example of our existance in how we should live. So around the week of Christmas we also make and buy gifts for our loved ones just as the 3 wise men, goat herderes 2009 years ago for baby Jesus.

Merry Christmas gang.

God_bless you !

- Thomas

AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
La Nell !

3647 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/24/2009 3:42:48 PM

God_bless you Cheryl and everyone...

+0
Sam
Sam Sunday

2502 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/24/2009 8:36:21 PM
Quote:

Hello ALP Friends,

I want to say openly and publicly that I celebrate Christmas because of Jesus Christ. He came and gave Himself freely so that you and I might experience life with Him for all of eternity! All you have to do is believe in His name and you will be saved. Why or how could this be? The answer lies with Him not with man.....

What a praise and what a miracle to be given this opportunity. May you and your loved ones experience His peace this Christmas as you celebrate the reason for the season!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

With love,

Cheryl

Wowww Cheryl,

Thanks for standing up for the celebration of our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ!!
Your beautiful Christmas poem is excellent and uplifting.

On this Christmas,
Let us remember that, the joy that we give to others, is the joy that comes back to us. So be joyful and make others joyful too!
Again, j
oy resonates in the hearts of those who believe in the spirit of Christmas!

Here's wishing you all the peace, joy, and love of the Christmas season!

Sam Sunday.

+0
12/25/2009 11:53:12 PM

Jesus, born to Joseph and Mary in Bethlehem

Jesus born in Bethlehem

1 "After Jesus had been born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of King Herod, wise men from the east arrived in Jeru­salem 2 and asked, “Where is the one who was born king of the Jews? We saw his star in the east and have come to worship him.” International Standard Version Mat 1:1-2

Bethlehem

I. Bethlehem Judah:

Bethlehem Judah, or EPHRATH or EPHRATHAH (which see) is now Beit Lahm (Arabic = "house of meat"), a town of upward of 10,000 inhabitants, 5 miles South of Jerusalem and 2,350 ft. above sea level. It occupies an outstanding position upon a spur running East from the watershed with deep valleys to the Northeast and South It is just off the main road to Hebron and the south, but upon the highroad to Tekoa and En-gedi. The position is one of natural strength; it was occupied by a garrison of the Philistines in the days of David (2 Samuel 23:14 1 Chronicles 11:16) and was fortified by Rehoboam (2 Chronicles 11:6). The surrounding country is fertile, cornfields, fig and olive yards and vineyards abound. Bethlehem is not naturally well supplied with water, the nearest spring is 800 yds. to the Southeast, but for many centuries the "low level aqueduct" from "Solomon's Pools" in the ArTas valley, which has here been tunneled through the hill, has been tapped by the inhabitants; there are also many rock-cut cisterns.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!