Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: The World Commonality Organisation
12/7/2009 8:02:54 PM

Jannette,

Thank you for voicing your concerns. The whole world is under huge change and much of it is uncomfortable

I may or may not agree with all that you say but I am very determined that you will have a right to express your views without fear of not being politically correct.

We NEED people of all political views to continue to voice them as we can then all be aware of challenges or threats or of viable solutions to global problems.

Roger

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/7/2009 8:05:30 PM

Sara,

I pray that all of those who serve their country to secure peoples freedom are given the support due to them whatever the political situation they are placed in.

Roger

+0
12/8/2009 2:26:11 AM

Hello Roger & my many ALP friends!

December 7th, in addition to being Pearl Harbor Day, was my maternal grandparents wedding anniversary. They were married many years before the bombing of Pearl Harbor, and after that sad event, where we lost one of my grandmother's brothers who was stationed there, my Nonnie and PePe discontinued anniversary celebrations for years. It took major cajoling to get their permission to hold a celebration for their 75th wedding anniversary. My grandparents are long gone, but I remember with clarity the tears they cried for the many that our nation lost on December 7th, every year.

As a veteran of the US Women's Army Corps (the WAC was dissolved on January 1, 1979 and absorbed into the US Army), I too am not pleased with the direction provided by current government leadership. I am a patriot, I love my country and the freedoms it grants me - the freedoms that men and women have laid down their lives to protect. That does not mean that I must agree with or condone the actions and messages of the current leadership. I have a problem with a President who does not display respect for our flag, nor display pride in just being an American. I fear the general populace was hoping for a savior when they voted this man into office, but are realizing the facade hid the underlying reality - he is not a patriot, he disregards the foundations this country was established on and he slanders and defames the nation that voted him into office. His views as to what is "right" and what is "wrong" are not paralleled by the general US population. My grandmother always said to beware the wolf under the sheep's clothing.... the American Indian saying holds true, "beware the man who speaks with forked tongue...."

This is not a diatribe against any political party. I guess I am as disappointed as many others in our great nation, that a leader was elected based on rhetoric. What really amazes me is that in a nation with as many intelligent, educated, high-functioning patriotic people as we have in the USA - is that Obama and McClain were the best we could come up with as options? Boy, what a sad revelation that is....

As an American, I am bothered by some French leaders who are not grateful for their freedom - which our nation helped to provide them with (would they have preferred speaking German as their national language?). After being attacked by Japan on December 7th, we defeated them, then we rebuilt their country for them with our tax dollars - and let them reign and rule as they see fit (doesn't sound like an aggressionist act to me). I am so tired of the USA being labeled and portrayed as a villain. Funny though, when another country needs help, we are always there... whether for a tsunami, earthquake, famine or to help fend of aggression.

My grandparents on both sides were immigrants to the US - from Italy, France, England and Canada. Each of them loved this country for welcoming them. Three of them passed through Ellis Island... They taught all of us what a wonderful country this is, and that they would forever be grateful for the opportunities they had here. They were patriots. They respected every serviceman and woman for their devotion to this country and preserving our freedoms. I believe the would be quite disheartened with our current leadership.

I have traveled all over the world in my career, and have always felt welcome in the UK (kind of like visiting a cousin) and never experienced difficulty in Japan, Italy, Belgium, Switzerland, Denmark, and many other countries. I was disgusted by obnoxious behavior and attitudes directed at me due to my US citizenship by the general populace in Paris, but found Normandy and its people to be kind and respectful.

Please don't judge all Americans by the actions and speeches of our political leadership. They rarely reflect the views of the average US citizen, as they seem more concerned with promoting their own political agendas or themselves. As a nation, in general, our people are some of the kindest, most philanthropically focused individuals on this planet.

The best part about being an American is our ability, right and freedom to state what's on our mind and to disagree with our President, Senate leadership and their antics. Our founding fathers saw fit to make it our right to agree to be able to disagree. We also have the right to cast our vote and change the leadership when they don't live up to expectations promised. The 2012 elections will certainly reveal whether the people believe that Obama delivered on his promises..... Maybe he will then realize that no one world over will respect your country if you don't respect it yourself.

God bless the USA and her people.... God bless all other nations.... God bless those who suffer indignities and tragedies throughout the world..... God bless the ignorant, for they know not what they do...... and God bless every man, woman and child - may they stay healthy, be sheltered and fed, and be respected by their brethren... God bless mankind and teach them to love each other and to take care of each other.... and lastly, God please bless all the politicians of the world, for I fear they all stray from Your path more than most....

My apologies for my long winded post....

With hugs, love and respect,

JeanMarie

The 3Day Dancers Breast Cancer Support Teamswww.3daydancers.org"Walking Warriors in the battle to CURE breast cancer!"
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/8/2009 6:04:14 AM
Hi Roger,

I am sorry I as so late with this, but I think it a wonderful article.

Blacks under Hitler-A must read....
BLACKGERMAN HOLOCAUST VICTIMS So much of our history is lost to us becausewe often don't write the history books, don't film the documentaries,or don't pass the accounts down from gen eration to generation.
Onedocumentary now touring the film festival circuit, telling us to"Always Remember" is "Black Survivors of the Holocaust" (1997).
Outside the U.S.., the film is entitled "Hitler's Forgotten Victims"
(Afro-Wisdom Productions). It codifies another dimension to the "Never Forget " Holocaust story--our dimension.
Didyou know that in the 1920's, there were 24,000 Blacks living in Germany? Neither did I. Here's how it happened, and how many of them wereeventually caught unawares by the events of the Holocaust.
Likemost West European nations, Germany established colonies in Africa inthe late 1800's in what later became Togo , Cameroon , Namibia , andTanzania . German genetic experiments began there, most notablyinvolving prisoners taken from the 1904 Heroro Massacre that left60,000 Africans dead, following a 4-year revolt against Germancolonization. After the shellacking Germany received in World War I,itwas stripped of its African colonies in 1918.
Asa spoil of war, the French were allowed to occupy Germany in theRhineland --a bitter piece of real estate that has gone back and forthbetween the two nations for centuries. The French willfully deployedtheir own colonized African soldiers as the occupying force. Germansviewed this as the final insult of World War I, and, soon thereafter,92% of them voted in the Nazi party.
Hundredsof the African Rhineland-based soldiers intermarried with German womenand raised their children as Black Germans. In Mein Kampf, Hitlerwrote about his plans for these " Rhineland Bastards".
Whenhe came to power, one of his first directives was aimed at thesemixed-race children. Underscoring Hitler's obsession with racialpurity, by 1937, every identified mixed-race child in the Rhineland hadbeen forcibly sterilized, in order to prevent further "race polluting",as Hitler termed it.
HansHauck, a Black Holocaust survivor and a victim of Hitler's mandatorysterilization program, explained in the film "Hitler's ForgottenVictims" that, when he was forced to undergo sterilization as ateenager, he was given no anesthetic. Once he received hissterilization certificate, he was "free to go", so long as he agreed tohave no sexual relations whatsoever with Germans.
Althoughmost Black Germans attempted to escape their fatherland, heading forFrance where people like Josephine Baker were steadily aiding andsupporting the French Underground, many still encountered problemselsewhere. Nations shut their doors to Germans, including the Blackones.
SomeBlack Germans were able to eke out a living during Hitler's reign ofterror by performing in Vaudeville shows, but many Blacks, steadfast intheir belief that they were German first, Black second, opted to remainin Germany . Some fought with the Nazis (a few even became Lut waffepilots)! Unfortunately, many Black Germans were arrested, charged withtreason, and shipped in cattle cars to concentration camps. Oftenthese trains were so packed with people and (equipped with no bathroomfacilities or food), that, after the four-day journey, box car doorswere opened to piles of the dead and dying.
Onceinside the concentration camps, Blacks were given the worst jobsconceivable. Some Black American soldiers, who were captured and heldas prisoners of war, recounted that, while they were being starved andforced into dangerous labor (violating the Geneva Convention), theywere still better off than Black German concentration camp detainees,who were forced to do the unthinkable--
manthe crematoriums and work in labs where genetic experiments were beingconducted. As a final sacrifice, these Blacks were killed every threemonths so that they would never be able to reveal the inner workings ofthe "Final Sol ution".
Inevery story of Black oppression, no matter how we were enslaved,shackled, or beaten, we always found a way to survive and to rescueothers. As a case in point, consider Johnny Voste, a Belgianresistance fighter who was arrested in 1942 for alleged sabotage andthen shipped to Dachau . One of his jobs was stacking vitamin crates.
Riskinghis own life, he distributed hundreds of vitamins to camp detainees,which saved the lives of many who were starving, weak, andill--conditions exacerbated by extreme vitamin deficiencies. His mottowas "No, you can't have my life; I will fight for it."
Accordingto Essex University 's Delroy Constantine-Simms, there were BlackGermans who resisted Nazi Germany , such as Lari Gilges, who foundedthe Northwest Rann --an organization of entertainers that fought theNazis in his home town of Dusseldorf --and who was murdered by the SSin 1933, the year that Hitler came into power.
Littleinformation remains about the numbers of Black Germans held in thecamps or killed under the Nazi regime. Some victims of the & gt;Nazi sterilization project and Black survivors of the Holocaust arestill alive and telling their story in films such as "Black Survivorsof the Nazi Holocaust", but they must also speak out for justice, notjust history.
UnlikeJews (in Israel and in Germany ), Black Germans receive no warreparations because their German citizenship was revoked (even thoughthey were German-born). The only pension they get is from those of uswho are willing to tell the world their stories and continue theirbattle for recognition and compensation.
Afterthe war, scores of Blacks who had somehow managed to survive the Naziregime, were rounded up and tried as war criminals. Talk about thefinal insult! There are thousands of Black Holocaust stories, from thetriangle trade, to slavery in America , to the gas oven s in Germany .
Weoften shy away fr om hearing about our historical past because so muchof it is painful; however, we are in this struggle together for rights,dignity, and, yes, reparations for wrongs done to us through thecenturies. We need to always remember so that we can take steps toensure that these atrocities never happen again.
For further information, read: Destined to Witness: Growing Up Black in Nazi Germany , by Hans J. Massaquoi.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/8/2009 8:22:13 AM

Myrna,

Thank you for bringing us this. It is very important informatuion.

It is important that we know and educate about these happenings.

It must never happen again.

Roger

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!