Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: The World Commonality Organisation
12/8/2009 8:34:08 AM

Jean Marie,

I have a busy day ahead and want to reply personaly.

I will put some thoughts together later, and thank you for this contribution.

Roger

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/9/2009 12:03:04 AM
Quote:

Hello Roger & my many ALP friends!

December 7th, in addition to being Pearl Harbor Day, was my maternal grandparents wedding anniversary. They were married many years before the bombing of Pearl Harbor, and after that sad event, where we lost one of my grandmother's brothers who was stationed there, my Nonnie and PePe discontinued anniversary celebrations for years. It took major cajoling to get their permission to hold a celebration for their 75th wedding anniversary. My grandparents are long gone, but I remember with clarity the tears they cried for the many that our nation lost on December 7th, every year.

etc.

JeanMarie

Jean Marie,

Thank you for your wonderful post.

As I've said here before, I won't get involved directly in your politics, but, just enough to say this.

I see many posts about your current president which echo the things you say. For once I hope you are wrong.

Many Americans see Obama as showing a weak and unpatriotic image and quote the various Muslim (non-christian) America quote and the image of Obama not saluting the flag, and, I DO UNDERSTAND. I also understand those Americans who see him as a new exciting beginning for your country at a crossroads in world history. As I say, I hope the others are proved right for all your sakes.

What I can say is that outside of America, Obama is not seen as weak but as a real American and somebody that we can do business with. America's traditional strength of strong patriotism and of self-sufficient nature inevitably led on several occassions to protectionist policies which were seen as unhelpful in the outside world. So, we can't really have it all ways. With communication and commerce now interdependant around the world it is no longer feasible for even the biggest countries to remain closed markets and some softening is inevitable.

I view nationalism as highly dangerous in general but America really has proved the exception. I admire your nationalism which we in Britain are only starting to regain but this is already at the expense of balanced liberalism, something we always took for granted.

Like you, I pray that all nations enjoy peace, I pray that all free people relish their choices and I pray that all nations can combine to overcome their differences.

My visit to the USA a few years ago was wonderful. I love the huge variety of cultures that combine to make you who you are. i was treated very well and I felt at home. I can't wait to return.

Your country is incredibly flexible and I am sure that even if you are right in your observations no lasting damage will be done. I salute you, your personal crusade and your great country.

Friends.

Roger

+0
12/9/2009 10:21:55 PM

My Dearest Roger-

Thank you for affording me an opportunity and a place to let me feelings overflow.

As you know me well, I dedicate my life to the service of others. I am able to do so because the country where I am a citizen affords me the freedoms and the opportunity to follow that cause.

I realize that our President's reputation around the world is quite different than here at home. I believe mothers around the world have experienced a similar result when friends relay that their children (who can be sibling war masters and loud and obnoxious at home) were perfect angels when visiting...

One of the most beloved freedoms we have in the US is the freedom of speech, an agreement that it is alright to disagree with each other. I respect all other's opinions, and was just trying to relay my thoughts and how I "feel".... My President does not comfort me, does not quell my worry and does not bring me a sense of hope or promise. In fact, his actions and words cause me great anxiety and fear for my country and the principles upon which she was founded. It is out of that concern that I let my feelings spill over the page. I am deeply worried for the future of my country, my home, the land that I love dearly.

I am not certain, but perhaps for some of us, who have lost so many that answered the call to duty, volunteering to serve and protect, find it hard to tolerate a lack of visible patriotism in our leadership. It hurts our hearts, our souls. It is very difficult to tolerate a lack of respect for our flag, our country, which still waves because of the blood shed by so many.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit to the USA... I am mortified when visitors to our great nation are not afforded a high level of hospitality and welcomed with open arms. Though I do expect the visitors to enter my country legally, with authentic documentation, just as I do when I visit their countries. I, like you, share a similar experience every time I am in the UK.... Whether I am in London or Manchester, Liverpool or Dover, I always feel welcome and made to feel at home (as I stated previously, like a visiting cousin). Although, I must say that there are times in old Blighty when I find myself missing sunshine! <wink>

Please do not misunderstand me. I dream of a world where peace and harmony prevail, where humankind is more concerned for each other than for one's self. I find the persecution of my fellow man because of their ethnicity, religion, gender or nationality just plain sickening.

Love means cherishing each person regardless of their opinions, respecting their right to have and own their feelings. It is quite alright to agree to disagree, the diversity is what makes each person unique and special. We are all members of humankind.

I truly hope that my feelings of consternation are proved unfounded, and everything turns out well. It would be better for the US and the entire world if this comes to be. And it seems my anxiousness is shared by many, many American citizens.

Here's hoping to a better and brighter future for us all, God willing.

With a full heart & lots of big, giant bear hugs,

JeanMarie

The 3Day Dancers Breast Cancer Support Teamswww.3daydancers.org"Walking Warriors in the battle to CURE breast cancer!"
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/9/2009 11:27:05 PM

What a lovely response to my reply. This is just what this forum is about.

I too respect the views of others if they are genuinely held and I wholeheartedly support their right to hold those views.

I have thought hard and long about these things and am now convinced that therte is a need for the extreme views held in the world. Despite the threat they pose they make us aware and on our guard. the day we all become wishy washy liberals, we open ourselves up to be attacked.

Promise me that if you visit the UK that you will let me know. I would love to shake hands with you. I respect what you do.

Roger

+0
12/10/2009 11:12:31 AM

Dear Roger -

I will make that promise if you will make the same vow for the next time you cross the big pond and visit America!

I would love to shake the hand - forget that - I would love to HUG the man whose words inspire us ans whose support has warmed my heart continually!

Till we meet face-to-face,

Virtual bear hugs will have to do!

Hugs,

JeanMarie

The 3Day Dancers Breast Cancer Support Teamswww.3daydancers.org"Walking Warriors in the battle to CURE breast cancer!"
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!