Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: BFA nominations for December 2009
11/8/2009 1:43:16 PM
I deleted the end of my post before realizing I was quoted.

I do appreciate the time it takes, time is all there is.
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/9/2009 1:51:00 PM
Quote:
Quote:
I'm nominating Ana Maria Padurean's forum:
ROMANIA:

It's active, it was reactivated personally by Bogdan a couple months ago and stated as such in another forum. The BFA team should have clicked to check it last month, it doesn't take long to check a FEW forums. What's the point of requiring the link to be posted in the nomination if the BFA team doesn't click the links?

TIME? The nominations are up for a long time before the voting starts.

I'll again say I don't like the judging, the "Top 3" means nothing as long as there are still lots of people who have multiple accounts. Judging the "Top 3" means nothing.

First of all Thank you Kathleen for nominating Ana's forum this month. We are happy to have her forum participate.

About the over sight...yes you are 100% right that it takes a few moments to check if the forum is active....I have taken responsability for that and am truly sorry for not checking.

About the top voted forums....and point rewards....well I favor write in votes 100%....but it is not in my power to change the rules. Bogdan is the one to do so. We are here just to carry them out.

I wish to thank all our friends who have come in here with their nominations, your support means so much to us. THANK YOU :))

Happy weekend all !

On behalf of the BFA Team

Pauline Raina

Hello Kathleen and Pauline,

Firstly the below post was prepared before Kathleen edited and deleted part of her original post. I can imagine the PMs, emails, IMs and/or phone calls in regard to her post and as a consequence her decision to delete. It can still be read in the quote above.

I thought to myself is it worth posting in this thread and decided that what needs to be said should be said regardless of the repercussions.

First of all thank you Kathleen for nominating AnaMaria's Romania. A worthy forum and a worthy contestant in any contest.

I agree that it takes no more then a second to check whether a forum is active or not something that apparently wasn't done.

I don't believe you have much to worry about in regard to multiple accounts in any of the contests that use the poll system since so few participate in any of the contests any more.

The Judging was meant to be a safe guard against manipulation of the results and I can assure you that anything can be manipulated even"impartial" judges. We've seen the results of that in a few instances already. I do believe as a result that more weight and points should be given to the leaders of the popular vote since as you all can see the popular vote is the weaker of the two by far.

Pauline,you write you took "responsibility" for not checking and I wonder in what way did you take responsibility? Responsibility means taking action and aside from a tepid apology nothing was done.

Taking action could have taken different forms.

1. Canceling the poll and starting it anew and including AnaMaria's forum Romania.

2.Resigning from the BFA for faulty administration of the forum/contest and apparently depending on inaccurate information regarding the activity of the forum Romania.

There are more actions but the above 2 are sufficient in this case.

If I remember correctly a while ago you held a poll whether to change the format of the BFA and the voting procedures. I believe the majority voted for the poll system and not for write ins. Consequently the system remained intact and not cos of Bogdan's decision.

I don't think there ever was a question that setting up a contest takes time and the effort was always appreciated by all that understand the complexities of such a task.

Why in the world would you be in favor of the write in system when you can see for yourself the dismal results of that system? It averages 8-12participants and if and when it reaches 17 it's a WOW week. I guess even pre prepared lists can't convince members to participate in the contest. It is quite boring and tedious you know?

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/9/2009 1:56:18 PM

Hello BFA TEAM, Kathleen, Myrna, Geo and everyone supporting me or not :-)

First of all I want to THANK YOU all for considering ROMANIA worthy for this contest,and nominating it again.

Second, I’m so sorry for not being able to be here with you and communicating much more, if not as much as once we used to :-( … but one has to do at his/her job what is required … and as I’m in my office almost all the day long, this is the only time I have?! … no matter how much I’d love to, my days are also made of 24 hours, even if I’d love at least one extra for me … I would have wanted this to be posted in the last Nomination Thread … but I was away and then it was already too late …

Third, I think in any of these contest should enter REALLY ACTIVE persons and forums;ROMANIA is technically active (true), as hopping to share some more time with you I started something new there … but even I, couldn’t be as active, even there, as I planned and would loved to … so IF YOU REALLY LIKE IT I’m honored and thanks full, and please come and visit “me” whenever you please; I’ll do my best to post something new for you when ever I can!

THAT IS A WONDERFUL AND GREAT PRIZE FOR ME!

NO OTHER REWARD COULD BE HIGHER!

… so I would rather leave the place in these contests for those REALLY HERE and active on daily bases! For some of you this is nothing new!

I don’t have time to write more, even if I have so much on my mind … and on my soul …

THANK YOU ALL ONCE AGAIN for your support.

With friendship,

Anamaria

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/9/2009 2:01:01 PM
Hi Peter,

I realized the next morning I never should have written it, I thought about deleting in the middle of the night but didnt, then woke up to find I had hurt someones feelings unintentionally so I deleted it without being prompted by anyone.
+0
Branka Babic

2716 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/9/2009 2:14:32 PM

Kathleen,
It is much better if you do not take this issue too personally. Last year, when Lilly won the most votes, but judges found Carla Carey's forum much better, Jimm and Peter made a huge obstruction against BFA, involving Luka, Lilly and me. You remember the two of them cancelled their accounts, and I almost did the same.

It is their period of year. They must fight for the righteousness, even if have no arguments. I have a huge archive of the e-mails with Peter Fogel (private) in which he posted a serious accusations against BFA chief Pauline Raina. If would be necessary, I will post some of them here. I will do that with shame, JUST BECAUSE I RESPONDED TO HIS HATE TO EVERYONE AT ALP with the same words, alike SICKO, HYPOCRITE, UGLY ETC ... but I did a lot nonsenses in my life time, and the time spent in correspondence with this man, who HATES ENTIRE WORLD, is just a part of my nonsenses. Today he calls me FALSE ALP GURU etc .... even though, in public, I NEVER WAS OOFENSIVE TO HIM.

Well, I will post those e-mails and even though I really will ber ashamed for my words said there, I WILL NOT LEAVE ALP.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!