Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: The official Epitaph site. Choose yours.
10/16/2009 5:53:36 PM

Hi again Roger, and a reply to Donna...

I've actually often wondered why people get so upset about death of the elderly or sick people, the family must know that death is impending.  Being raised Catholic and in a predominantly Irish family, I'm of the belief that death is a passing to Heaven, it shouldn't be such a grief-stricken situation.  The Irish usually turn the memorial into a big party. 

My friend's ex-mother-in-law died last year, and his daughter was very upset about the passing of her grandmother, even though the lady had been ill for a long time, and I asked if he and his exwife didn't prepare their 15-year old daughter for the situation.  But I don't know if young people are ever prepared to lose a grandparent.

My husband's uncle had a fantastic memorial service a few years ago, it made me think about planning my own funeral, much in advance of my own death!  He died very suddenly of a heart attack, but the family and the funeral parlor put together a wonderful service, with big photo-boards of his entire life, and a slide-show.  People said it was the best memorial service they'd ever been to! 

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/16/2009 8:04:17 PM

Pauline,

I want to say how happy I am to see you back enjoying your friendships here.

You were so missed.

That is a lovely epitaph and one that you know will come true.

It conjours up a very happy scene. We are privileged to share.

I will try to keep track of things that you do here. I'ts still a little more difficult to track people but with a little work it can be done.

Roger

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/16/2009 8:26:55 PM

Kathleen,

I agree totally.

Unfortunately some can't grasp faith so well and continue to search for an answer.

I may have said before here that my christian faith (regained after many years) is now different. I am happy to read the bible, get guidance and inspiration and good advice, but,

I used to study as many are taught to do, but for me this process threw up more questions that led to doubt, that led me in turn to study and find more unanswered questions.

Then I decided to read God's promises to us all and decided to trust and believe.

I used to hate BLIND FAITH, but now I am happy to push my doubts away by reading those promises. You won't see me express my faith here often as I believe that sometimes when we do, we become viewed as online evangelists (nothing wrong with that, but it's not what I want to project).

I prefer instead to reflect God's promises by following his example. We have all been given choices, I've made mine.

Your faith and mine and Thomas's and Pauline's and lots of others here are all different in style and how we aquired it but in the end we will all meet the same maker. I don't fear death as I consider that I live in ignorance of most of God's creation. I can't wait to see everything bathed in perfect love. I have, like most people, bad days. But I rarely forget to say thank you because there is always tomorrow or something even better.

Kathleen, Glad we've had fun here.

I wager you can't read all of the way through my ramblings. You've often said that you scan, well, this time I ask you to try. Just for me. It will makemy day more worthwhile.

Roger 

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/16/2009 8:49:33 PM

Hi Roger,

I read it!  Short paragraphs and colored font make it all worthwhile!  Thanks!  Don't worry, on some days I ask my son why I have to sign my name on his school paper! As if that's a chore also.  I put a lot of energy into writing, people ask why, and assume I'm really busy, actually I'm just biding my time until death, and if I write something good, then my time was well spent.  My blind faith is also part of wondering why my parents had so many children, wondering if my taking up space on earth was worth all the hassles they went through, and wondering when I can go to Heaven without upsetting too many people, as if that's possible!

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/16/2009 9:43:24 PM

Kathleen.

There are a few here who would be upset.

Hang on in there. Your humour makes it all worthwile to us.

Roger

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!