Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: The official Epitaph site. Choose yours.
10/17/2009 4:08:51 AM

Dear Kathleen,

I can relate to what you have written here, true...but dear friend...its the presence of the person you will miss like crazy....ask me...especially if you have been pretty close to them as I was with my Ma & Pa !!! when mom passed on I had Dad there and it was ok....but when he passed on....suddenly I realized how alone I felt and the void was so dark n deep...thats what we battle with...but nothing that time don't heal :)) I still miss him so much but my day is filled with stuff I do and so dont have time to indulge myself in memory lane :) But yes ...we never realize the worth of a person till they're gone !

I am with you on making a hew n cry over a death of someone we know is ultimately going to pass on cos of illness, age n stuff....don't mean to sound discompassionate here...but yes we have got to ready ourselves and our children to face that day when we have to let go !!! Infact my prayer is always for a release for the suffering soul ! And you wont believe me when I say this to the friends I am rebuked for speaking so...some appreciate it and take the advise ..but in most cases they think I am weird...!!

Just my thoughts :))

Pauline

Quote:

Hi again Roger, and a reply to Donna...

I've actually often wondered why people get so upset about death of the elderly or sick people, the family must know that death is impending.  Being raised Catholic and in a predominantly Irish family, I'm of the belief that death is a passing to Heaven, it shouldn't be such a grief-stricken situation.  The Irish usually turn the memorial into a big party. 

My friend's ex-mother-in-law died last year, and his daughter was very upset about the passing of her grandmother, even though the lady had been ill for a long time, and I asked if he and his exwife didn't prepare their 15-year old daughter for the situation.  But I don't know if young people are ever prepared to lose a grandparent.

My husband's uncle had a fantastic memorial service a few years ago, it made me think about planning my own funeral, much in advance of my own death!  He died very suddenly of a heart attack, but the family and the funeral parlor put together a wonderful service, with big photo-boards of his entire life, and a slide-show.  People said it was the best memorial service they'd ever been to! 

+0
Jayson VanBeekom

796 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/3/2009 3:58:01 PM
"Here lies Jayson. You may not have noticed him stealing your garbage or replacing your windshields with rotten slabs of bologna, but he was there, watching you. Watching you water your garden."

A bit long-winded and, dare I say, weird to put on a headstone, but I have a theory that points to rising property values around my burial site if thats what my headstone says. Just a theory.
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/3/2009 8:56:00 PM

Nice one Jayson.

Should keep the stone masons family fed for a few days.

Roger

+0
Branka Babic

2716 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/26/2009 9:01:03 AM
Roger,
I am terribly sorry if I am impolite, but I must share next silliness with you.
WHAT`S HAPPENED ?
When I clicked on one of ALP ads, I was drawn to this page , (and hope you agree, the site looks ... unusually :) )
and found something, for me, breathtaking :

IF YOU ONLY COULD SEE MY EXCITEMENT WHEN I READ
(IN SECOND LINE)

FREE (B)ROOM !!!!!!!!!!

One prove more how the glasses serve better, when are over the nose.
BUT ALSO ONE PROVE MORE
HOW THE BROOMS ARE REALLY SOMETHING SPECIAL TO ME :)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, SPECIALLY TO THE IMMORTALS.

Love,
Branka
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/27/2009 12:40:37 AM

Branka,

A free room AND a free broom would be EVEN BETTER.

Looks like a good site.

Vereteck (cant remember spelling) is an established business but I find thet are not easy to deal with.

I joined agrs ago and still pay monthly but cant cancel the mebership as I'vr forgotten Username/password. Cant even get them to reply.

This site is part of their company.

Roger

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!