Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
You want the roses delivered where...........?
9/7/2009 1:58:46 AM

Not all funny stories are jokes.  This one actually happened to me.  Hope you get a chuckle out of it.

Years ago when I was newly married to my first wife, she had roses delivered to me at my office one day.  I was working in Sarasota, Florida at a regional office of the State Department of Education.  We were working in a building that used to be a warehouse, and, in fact, was sometimes still referred to as the "warehouse" by people in the area.

I was surprised when the flowers were delivered, of course, but I was even more surprised by the behavior of the young man delivering them.  He seemed awfully nervous, and kept trying to sneak peeks into every cubicle and office.

This was when you still got paper copies of receipts with your credit card statement, and eventually, I got a copy of the order that my wife had placed for the flowers.  She had dutifully told them to deliver the roses to the "warehouse", but whoever had taken the order had written "whorehouse".

No wonder the kid was looking around so hard!

Have a great day!

Don

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: You want the roses delivered where...........?
9/7/2009 2:47:33 AM

LOLOLOL!!!

Thanks, Don!

Once when I was at the store up the street, one of the employees started following me around, carrying a large decorated cake in a big clear plastic container.  I kept walking away from him because it was annoying and he was walking very close behind me.  Then after more than a minute, he says, "Lady, don't you want your cake?"  Now I was totally confused, then he said he was told to give the cake to a lady with glasses...well it wasn't ME!  I don't know if he found the right woman or not!  He was probably wondering why I kept walking away from him and "my" cake. 

+0
Mary Hannan

6209 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/7/2009 2:51:42 AM

Thanks for the chuckle.
It must have been a delivery that he will never forgot. LOL!

+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/8/2009 7:56:52 AM

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
9/26/2009 2:52:41 PM

Thanks, Donovan, it was a great story!  Really enjoyed.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!