Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
'How little we know?' by Roger Macdivitt
9/5/2009 1:59:44 AM

This thread  was a contribution of my good friend Roger Macdivitt to my "GREAT ART OF THE WORLD" forum in its old format version. I am reproducing it here for the great interest it will surely have for both my regular visitors and all other occasional art lovers who may come by.

Roger Macdivitt

Luis,

I know that you will forgive me for starting this thread.

I NEVER do this, but your kindness has spurred me to offer this as a gift.

This is my discovery. Just when we think that we know, or have heard of, the great artists, we discover another that WE have overlooked.

Luis, you may be surprised to know that I had never heard of Winslow Homer. Our American friends will probably be surprised. How have I not heard of him?

Winslow Homer spent time in England (my home) and painted fisherwomen on the East Coast of England. He not only recorded these women but made images that gave almost Godlike status to them. I saw him mentioned on a documentary about the English Coast. I was so impressed that I wanted to share. I hope that you enjoy and accept this
as a tribute to your kindness.

I hope that the images reproduce here.

WINSLOW HOMER

These are watercolours, just one of Winslow mediums

Roger       

Thank You,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Alain Deguire

8052 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: 'How little we know?' by Roger Macdivitt
9/5/2009 2:19:20 AM

Hello Dear Luis Miguel!

Thank You to You and Roger for introducing another great artist to us here... Much Appreciated!

Like You Roger, I didn't know about Winslow Homer...

And, because of You both, I am getting richer learning about these Master Pieces of Art and Artists!

THANK YOU!

I found so many on the net... here is one I love... an Oil on Canvas...

Northeaster, 1895

Have a Wonderful Weekend!

Blessings,

Alain

+0
Branka Babic

2716 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/5/2009 5:11:08 AM

Hi Miguel and Roger,

Thanks to you, I`ve heard for Winslow Homer. When I do not know about him, it`s question if he really ever existed :) .

The War for the Union, 1862, wood engraving

Roger, a huge efforts we put in learning. Then ... our own life press "delete" and we start forgetting. Very often I work with people suffering from Alzheimer.

This disease rarely caughts up artists.

Artists are people who`s inner pics are not in contradiction with nature. Very interesting is that their social expressions also very rarely match to the "common" things. 

Have you ever ponder on this ?

Is ART a battle-field on which HUMAN NATURAL BEING survives CRUEL ATTACKS of the social being? The war between ESSENCE and attempts to give it the frame?

We do know a little.

Very soon, all the knowledge would be substituted by AWARENESS . AWARENESS may be considered as a COSMIC INTERNET. Thanks God, finally we are approaching to the time without learning.

Thanks guys.

Good mental exercise for Saturday early morning :) .

Love,

B.

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/5/2009 5:48:57 PM

Hello Alain,

Thank you for coming by. That is a beautiful master work that you found. I will treasure it with my favorites as well.

How about this one?

Winslow Homer - Sketch for "Hound and Hunter", 1892

I remember seeing  it somewhere, once.  What a wonderful watercolor. And it was just a sketch! But I am sorry for the deer.

Anyway, it is thanks to Roger that we can be viewing it now. Thank you, Roger.

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/5/2009 7:38:22 PM

Please Adland, get this sorted. If I can't reply properly soon.

I'LL explode.

Thank you all, I just can't say more

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!