Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Nope, it's not.... want pictures? lol
4/12/2006 9:17:14 PM
Sweet Buttercup, Sensei is Japanese for teacher. However, a more revered term is Hanshi meaning expert teacher. Then, of course, the ultimate is O'Sensei but that is reserved for a dead Hanshi... so we'll stay away from that one - LOL! Happy Easter to you Ranunculus Gary
+0
Winston Scoville

536 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/12/2006 10:39:21 PM
Hi Forumites! Interesting perspectives. The bottom line to me on this is...the numbers don't lie! You just need to know how to use the numbers to your best advantage! LOL
+0
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/12/2006 11:36:21 PM
Ahhhhhhhhh Winston! The numbers. Yes. For instance, three fifths of five eighths of nothing is still nothing. Mathematically: 3/5 x 5/8 x 0 = 0 Good point. Gary
+0
Winston Scoville

536 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/13/2006 12:05:54 AM
Hi Gary, ---------------------------- 3/5 x 5/8 x 0 = 0 ---------------------------- "0"..... Ahhhhhhhh, the number that generally represents most peoples customer base! Thus, typical results of the 95% group! LOL -- BTW, did you follow the Commonwealth games while they were there? Australia kicked some serious butt in the medal deptarment!
+0
4/13/2006 12:52:41 AM
Hi: Whether you're casting long shadows on an industry, or on the truth (which some people actually do very well, deluding even themselves) - facts are facts. And it's true that numbers don't lie... but the people who wield them often do. As the saying goes, most people use statistics like a drunk uses a streetlamp... to lean on, instead of for illumination. Fact is - people fail. --> 95% of websites are failing. --> 95% of people fail in MLM --> 98% of affiliates don't make any money. and it's not just business --> 50% of first marriages end in divorce --> 65% of second marriages end in divorce and it's not just relationships --> 50% of 1st year college students drop out or fail --> almost 30% of grade 9 kids won't graduate Fact is, people fail. WHY? It's how we learn. 1) Success comes from good judgement. 2) Good judgment comes from experience. 3) Experience comes from bad judgement. This entire thread started discussing "why" 95% of people fail. People fail because it's part of the learning process. How many TIMES they need to fail - that's up to them. Depends how long they want to be stuck in #3, above before they start using good judgement based on their previous BAD judgement. Blaming an industry for lack of success simply diverts the blame and obliterates the learning and self examination that should follow. If an industry doesn't suit me, I shouldn't be in it. That doesn't mean the industry is at fault. Everyone has to fail first before they can succeed. That's how it works. : ) L
+0